Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheese

(8 Posts)
Pixiefish Wed 29-Aug-07 16:36:54

Dh has been givena massive chunk of white hard cheese from the cheese factory- it's the cheese they use to make pizzas with but I don't know which part of it. Do you think it's ok to freeze? Should I grate it first?

TheMaskedPoster Wed 29-Aug-07 16:44:27

ahhh - you need lulumama ... she once bought mountains of cheese by mistake and had to store it somehow grin

however, I have no useful info, hopefully someone will happen along soon and enlighten you smile

RubySlippers Wed 29-Aug-07 16:46:42

ah yes - the 14 lbs of cheddar incident
after much laughing at lulumama the consensus was to make lots of cheese sauces, grate it and put into bags to freeze and to eat a lot of cheese on toast!

jaynehater Wed 29-Aug-07 16:48:37

If it's hard cheese, is it parmesan? (V. strong smell and flavour)

Or is it rubbery in texture (you said it's the cheese you make pizza with, wonder if it's from an industrial size block of pizza mozzarella)

If it's rubbery and doesn't particularly taste of anything it's probably pizza mozzarella (not to be confused with buffalo mozzarella, softer, tastier) and can be frozen.

If it's parmesan, I'm not sure, I've never tried freezing it as it keeps for ages in the fridge.

TheMaskedPoster Wed 29-Aug-07 16:48:41

LOL RubySlippers! that's the one

-still makes me smile, that! grin

Pixiefish Wed 29-Aug-07 17:52:43

It's not rubbery and I think it's the har pizza mozzarella (mozz mixed with sheddar I think) an analog according to dh

Beenleigh Wed 29-Aug-07 19:43:18

All hard cheeses freeze fine. Just cut it in to useable lumps and defrost when needed, you can grate then

Pixiefish Wed 29-Aug-07 20:26:25

ta xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now