Talk

Advanced search

Healthy snack recipes - please share!!

(10 Posts)
SoTiredNeedHoliday Sun 12-Jan-20 16:34:43

HI
I need to make some 'healthy snacks' and am looking for some new recipes.
My previous favorites have been: simple oat cookies
Peanut Butter Protein Balls

I'm looking for cakes, cookies, protein balls, muffins etc anything you find that your household likes and is 'reasonably' healthy for snack food / small treats.

sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 12-Jan-20 16:53:39

healthier flapjacks
chocolate, spinach and peanut butter brownies

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Jan-20 17:15:34

Carrot flapjacks www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/view/recipe/carrot-flapjack
Frittata muffins realfood.tesco.com/recipes/green-frittata-muffins.html
Courgette muffins realfood.tesco.com/recipes/cheesy-courgette-muffins.html
Healthier sausage rolls www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/healthier-sausage-rolls/

SoTiredNeedHoliday Mon 13-Jan-20 07:41:16

thanks all! ANy more out there?

MogThoughtDarkThoughts Tue 14-Jan-20 19:36:39

Low-sugar peanut butter cookies - these got me through pregnancy when I was borderline for gestational diabetes, and I still make them now. Also incredibly easy to make! You can substitute some of the peanut butter for ground almonds and it still works. Sometimes I also add chopped 85% dark chocolate or dried cranberries to the mix. www.gestationaldiabetes.co.uk/recipe/sugar-free-peanut-butter-cookies/

HelenaJustina Tue 14-Jan-20 21:11:39

F

AwdBovril Tue 14-Jan-20 21:39:06

I make a batch of overnight oats, enough for about 3 portions, & store it in the fridge. I usually eat it for breakfast but it would be good for a snack too. Basic recipe:

125g / 1.5 cups thick milled porridge oats
1 heaped tbsp chia seeds
1 orange
2 apples - granny smith are good for this
3 tbsp protein powder- I use a plain whey one
Spices if you like - about a tsp (total) of ginger & cinnamon, or 1/2 tsp vanilla

Peel the orange with a knife. Remove all the membranes & seeds, chop the flesh. Don't waste any juice. Tip into a plastic or glass lidded container. Wash, core, & coarsely grate the apples, tip them in as you do them & mix into the orange, it stops them oxidising. Add the dry ingredients. Add enough water to make a slightly soggy mixture. Mix thoroughly. Leave at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. I eat it with Greek yoghurt & fruit - frozen is easy & cheap, mango or berries, or whatever us fresh from the fruit bowl.

You can leave out the protein powder, chia seeds if you want, you'll need less water. You could add chopped nuts, dried fruit (not banana chips as the texture when rehydrated is vile IMHO)

I also like chia pudding. I make chocolate chia pudding & have some in the fridge most of the time. It's very nice with frozen cherries, a bit like a Black Forest frozen dessert with less guilt. My diet is really difficult & having stuff ready prepared helps a lot.

AwdBovril Tue 14-Jan-20 21:45:39

I like this Youtuber. It does depend what you consider to be "healthy" though. For me, that means no junk that makes me feel ill. Not necessarily low calorie, although I am trying to lose weight.

youtu.be/X4qJZsgae2M

Blondie1984 Wed 15-Jan-20 02:09:32

These are nice nicsnutrition.com/healthy-protein-flapjacks/

SoTiredNeedHoliday Sat 18-Jan-20 12:08:53

Blondie those look delicious, I'm making them today!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »