Talk

Advanced search

Help - leftover chicken breast

(7 Posts)
RhymingRabbit3 Mon 06-Jan-20 15:53:25

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me an easy healthy dinner for using leftover cooked chicken breast?
I have most store cupboard ingredients as well as creme fraiche, parmesan, double cream and filo pastry in the fridge. Veg wise I have broccoli, kale, carrots and frozen peas.

Any ideas would be great!

OP’s posts: |
AdaColeman Mon 06-Jan-20 16:00:26

Make a white sauce using the creme fraiche and some stock (stock cubes will be fine) and white wine if available. Chop up the chicken & add to the sauce to heat through. Serve with pasta (pasta Alfredo) or rice.
Or make a chicken risotto with added mushrooms peas asparagus etc.

RhymingRabbit3 Mon 06-Jan-20 16:04:23

Thanks! I'm sure I have some risotto rice ag the back of the cupboard so that might be the winning idea

OP’s posts: |
AdaColeman Mon 06-Jan-20 16:34:33

If you can’t find risotto rice, use any long grain rice such as Patna.

Blondie1984 Mon 06-Jan-20 17:01:54

I would go for the risotto route with plenty of veg if it’s a healthier option you want - 50g rice per person then stir in the peas and a little Parmesan towards the end with kale and broccoli on the side

GreenTulips Mon 06-Jan-20 17:03:50

Cooked pasta, passeta sauce and bake in the oven with cheese on top

Or do a carbonara with chicken and bacon - stir in eggs and soy sauce

cdtaylornats Mon 06-Jan-20 22:32:12

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9974/spanish-chicken-pie

Spanish chicken pie - potato topped pie using cooked chicken, tomatoes and paprika

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »