Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wind/colic at 11 months

(8 Posts)
Bennat Tue 28-Aug-07 12:24:36

I am new to this so please bear with me! my son is 11 months and has suddenly started waking at night screaming with tummy pains (legs pulled up etc etc). Gripe water does seem to help but he doesn't always bring anything up (or down). Is this common? Could it be food related? If so, does anyone have any diet ideas that might help?
Finally if anyone has any experience - how long did it last???

frazzledbutcalm Tue 28-Aug-07 14:49:43

No experience, but - does he eat plenty fruit and have plenty fluid?

Bennat Tue 28-Aug-07 15:23:21

Yes. Mostly pureed fruit but he does have several potions a day. It worries me because he is obviously in pain. Its like going back 6 or 7 months!

frazzledbutcalm Tue 28-Aug-07 15:57:11

does he maybe have too much on his tummy just before bedtime?

Gemmitygem Thu 30-Aug-07 16:49:29

mine had the same and it was because I was following advice to give him more roughly chopped, not pureed food. The problem wasn't pureed food, or food that he ate himself (finger foods), it was when I spoon-fed him things like pasta with veg sauce where there were actually quite big bits of onion and tomato in, then he had really bad tummy ache. took me a while to realise. now I give him something pretty bland and easy to eat for tea, basically make sure it's quite digestible.. hope this helps!

Gemmitygem Thu 30-Aug-07 16:50:45

forgot to add, I would reduce the pureed fruit and give him something like half a banana or a few pieces of peeled apple instead. Also, make sure he has at least an hour between tea and bed, to give it time to go down. Also, I would consider whether he's getting enough water and offer more..

Gemmitygem Thu 30-Aug-07 16:51:50

sorry, just a final one, my son had this from 10 to 11 months then stopped, and it did coincide with getting a lot of teeth all at once, so could be related. but it stopped as soon as I adjusted his food..

Bennat Mon 03-Sep-07 11:24:36

Thank you - all advice much appreciated. Am having a problem getting him to eat fruit that is not pureed because he is going through a phase where he doesn't like anything sticky so won't eat fruit as finger foods!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now