Talk

Advanced search

When and how to switch to cow's milk?

(11 Posts)
Albsmum Tue 28-Aug-07 08:44:40

My little one is now 11 months old, and I know I am meant to move him to cow's milk at some point in the future! Please can someone recommend to me how and when they did it?
Do I just swop formula for full fat cow's milk at 12 months and give the same amount as I have been or do I slowly introduce it?
Please help !!

totaleclipse Tue 28-Aug-07 08:47:28

With my dc, I introduced it slowly, I wouls swap 1 ounce of formula milk for cows milk (you can mix them) and every couple of days increase it by another ounce until they were taking all cows milk.

stealthsquiggle Tue 28-Aug-07 08:47:49

I can't remember how old DS was (sorry, not helpful, I know) but older than 11mths.

What I do remember is that I was panicking about how to swap, warm or cold, whether to phase it in, etc etc - and then gave up and just handed him a sippy cup of cold full fat milk instead of warm formula one night and he drank it fine and never looked back!

HTH - I am sure others will have more sophisticated strategies!

RubySlippers Tue 28-Aug-07 08:49:48

i just switched - DS didn't notice at all
he had been having it with cereal for a while anyway

fawkeoff Tue 28-Aug-07 08:51:08

i switched ds at 12 months without introducing, i just warmed it up and he guzzled.

kay1981 Tue 28-Aug-07 12:54:23

Me too, just done it 2 days ago, I thought about slowly introducing it, but just thought it was worth a shot just to swap it and he loves it. Dont worry, just try it and if he doesnt like then slowly introduce it wink

xx

Nbg Tue 28-Aug-07 12:58:33

i just switched too

Beenleigh Tue 28-Aug-07 13:47:44

1 year

Albsmum Thu 30-Aug-07 14:29:16

Perfect ! Thank you all for your advice - his birthday is in two weeks time, so gonna leave it till after that (also still have formula to get through at home !) Fingers crossed he loves it, because I'm going to try switching it in one go

harleyd Thu 30-Aug-07 14:31:29

my ds is one on sunday, i ran out of formula this morning and thought lets go for it - immediate swap to cows milk - he loved it smile

HeidinJames Sat 15-Sep-07 19:30:27

I've just switched (3 bottles in now) and DS has got a bit of runny poop (a sort of mushed up swede consistency) .... anyone else had this?

H
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now