Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can I make with a punnet of mushrooms?

(11 Posts)
FLIER Mon 27-Aug-07 14:39:48

for our dinner tonight?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 27-Aug-07 14:41:36

Mushroom sauce for pasta?

Fry an onion and some garlic gently till soft, season with black pepper and a bit of salt, add mushrooms (finely sliced) and cook. Add tablespoon of tomato puree and a slosh of white wine, and any herbs that you fancy (tarragon goes nicely) and cook for about 10 minutes. You could add some cream as well if you wish.

FLIER Mon 27-Aug-07 14:43:17

Hmm, that sounds nice, could probably have that with rice too.

Thanks!

BBBee Mon 27-Aug-07 14:43:54

Pasta sauce - is wonderful.

Fry some onions and garlic in butter.

Add the mushrooms and cook for a long time so the water from them evaporates and they get all tender.

Add another knob of butter and let it melt.

Scrape the mushrooms to the side of the pan and add about a tablespoon of flour to make a roux, add some milk and boil to thicken (or miss out the milk and butter stuff and stick in some cream.)

Add chooped parsley if you have it,.

Have left overs on toast fro breakfst tomorrow.

BBBee Mon 27-Aug-07 14:44:38

X-posts!

BecauseImWorthIt was it you with your tarrogon yesterday?

FLIER Mon 27-Aug-07 14:44:59

Hmmm, I'm salivating here!

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 27-Aug-07 14:46:16

No - not guilty!

NKF Mon 27-Aug-07 15:06:46

Risotto.

FLIER Mon 27-Aug-07 16:54:44

Yes, had thought of risotto, but never made mushroom risotto before, so don't know how.

Any recipes?

NKF Mon 27-Aug-07 18:13:49

Cook the mushrooms in butter. Small chopped onions are good too. Garlic. Add arborio rice but ordinary will work if you haven't got any. Pour in chicken stock bit by bit, stirring all the time. I make the children do this bit. When it's ready, add Parmesan. You can include frozen peas as well.

FLIER Mon 27-Aug-07 18:38:21

Thanks NKF. Sounds easy enough smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now