Talk

Advanced search

Help!! My meringue isn't forming peaks [sad]

(9 Posts)
alfielooloo Mon 27-Aug-07 11:38:31

It is shiny & quite sloppy & no way will keep it's shape when I try to make my pavlova. Is there anything I can add to make it stiffer?
Also I am 'folding' as recipe states, sholuld I be 'whisking' instead? hmm
I have used this recipe once before & worked out great, don't know what's gone wrong this time

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 11:44:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alfielooloo Mon 27-Aug-07 11:45:48

It was stiff until I added the rest of sugar, cornflour & vinegar, then went sloppy.

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 11:48:58

alfielooloo Mon 27-Aug-07 11:51:37

sad Friends coming round for BBQ in 1 hour & this is the only pud I planned on making as I knew I could make it easily blush

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 11:52:55

alfielooloo Mon 27-Aug-07 11:55:03

Consistency of cake mix! Was going to try & form a ring, will try in a cake tin instead I think, thanks!

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 11:55:53

alfielooloo Mon 27-Aug-07 22:19:47

Just to update you on my 'sloppy' meringue. I put the mixture into a cake tin as you suggested, I used a rectangular one as it was bigger than my round ones & I had quite a bit of the mixture. It cooked fine. I whisked up some double cream, spread it over the top & put on some strawberries & finished it off with some grated dark chocolate - it looked fantastic! Tasted great too, everyone enjoyed it I'm glad to say smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now