Talk

Advanced search

Best veggie burgers

(19 Posts)
Ihatesundays Sat 28-Dec-19 15:29:39

I’m off meat because of Christmas and I have a real craving for veggie burgers.
Who makes nice ones. Not quorn as it doesn’t agree with me.
Thanks....

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Sat 28-Dec-19 15:50:36

I love Aldi’s sweet potato and chickpea burgers. They’re a bit like falafel, with gentle spices and a soft texture with a crunchy coating.

ncqtime Sat 28-Dec-19 15:51:49

I like tesco spicy bean burgers or Linda McCartney mozzarella ones

Lordfrontpaw Sat 28-Dec-19 15:55:58

I like the Good Life ones with carrot, parsnip and cashews.

PorpentinaScamander Sat 28-Dec-19 15:57:23

Ds1 said Linda McCartney pulled pork ones.
Morrisons do a nice sweet potato and edamme bean one that I love. (I'm not veggie)

IsletsOfLangerhans Sat 28-Dec-19 16:00:49

Iceland do a spicy nacho bean burger which is absolutely the best we’ve tried! We don’t like the quorn/fake meat style ones either. We also love making our own - just a fat slice of pan fried halloumi and a big portobello mushroom on top. Lovely in a bun with sriracha mayonnaise 😃

Ihatesundays Sat 28-Dec-19 16:20:26

I’ll be going past Iceland tomorrow! I’ll try those first!

avocadoze Sat 28-Dec-19 16:21:31

Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers are a hit in our house. I also like the quorn chicken style burgers but the kids complain that they’re a bit dry.

Claphands Sat 28-Dec-19 16:23:55

Tesco do a lovely vegan burger (I’m not vegan btw) called Beyond Meat, they are really good!

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 29-Dec-19 13:42:55

Waitrose do a good frozen spicy bean burger

catwithflowers Sun 29-Dec-19 13:44:05

Aldi spicy bean are very nice and super cheap!

Myshitisreal Sun 29-Dec-19 19:13:31

I second @ncqtime posting
Really love the Tesco spicy bean burgers and they're cheap https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/266075169

BlessingsToYou Sun 29-Dec-19 19:19:17

We've been veggie for nearly three years now.. when we fancy a burger our go to are the 'Beyond Meat' burgers which are available from Tesco. They're in the frozen section... they're a meat replacement so they are quite similar to meat and I'd say the closest thing to an actual burger that's still veggie...!
They are quite pricey though so we have them as a treat as opposed to regularly!

Are you trying to go veggie? I never thought I would but since making the leap we've not looked back!

Enjoy and good luck!

HeyPizza Sun 29-Dec-19 19:20:11

I used to love the Iceland nacho burgers, think they've stopped doing them?

Ihatesundays Sun 29-Dec-19 19:38:20

I couldn’t find the spicy ones in Iceland sadly. We had the Linda McCartney ones which were okay but a bit bland.
I think I need spicy ones really.
@BlessingsToYou no, not going veggie, been there done that. Not a massive meat eater which is why Christmas has hit me hard!

IsletsOfLangerhans Sun 29-Dec-19 22:27:26

Iceland had them in a couple of weeks ago - noticed the price had gone up a bit. Would be gutted if they disappear!!!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 29-Dec-19 22:28:16

I like the Sainsbo's spicy vegan ones.

ButterfliesandMoths Sun 29-Dec-19 22:36:48

Birds Eye Green Cuisine, I'm not a vegetarian but absolutely love these and don't eat meat burgers anymore.

HeyPizza Mon 30-Dec-19 08:26:10

Sainsburys' spicy bean burgers or vegetable quarter pounders are also really good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »