Talk

Advanced search

buffet bowls - do they exist?

(5 Posts)
OstrichRunning Tue 17-Dec-19 12:08:27

I'm having about 10 adults and 10 kids around for a buffet type meal over Christmas holidays. Rather than do lots of finger food, I like the idea of doing a beef stew thing that people can eat in a bowl. like this one www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/horseradish_and_mustard_10990

But there's not enough room for everyone to sit down, so am looking for bowls that people can hold in their hand and eat that way (while wandering about/chatting/consuming alcohol). Without burning themselves. As a sort of substantial nibble/buffet. Does such a bowl exist? Anyone know where I could get some? Or have another ingenious suggestion?
Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 17-Dec-19 12:24:30

i think that disposable wooden bowls would be ok, since they shouldn't get too hot?

HardAsSnails Tue 17-Dec-19 12:59:40

What about ceramic soup mugs?

HardAsSnails Tue 17-Dec-19 13:01:13

I've got this one but there are others:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017KK07LO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Xfn-DbRXYB7G6?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

OstrichRunning Tue 17-Dec-19 13:40:09

Thanks @sleepismysuperpower1 and @hardassnails, great suggestions. I think I'll try disposable wooden ones

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »