Talk

Advanced search

Jamie's Christmas Dinner

(9 Posts)
beanaseireann Mon 16-Dec-19 18:20:09

Watched last night- missed first half hour sad
Jamie said take the turkey out of the oven and let it rest for TWO hours ( covered in tinfoil ).
Two whole hours - is it not freezing cold by then ?
Has anyone ever done this ?

OP’s posts: |
ParadiseLaundry Mon 16-Dec-19 18:23:36

Does he not advise to cover it with foil and a bath towel? Or that might have been an old recipe of his.

I usually rest chicken for 1 hour before serving, it's lukewarm rather than piping hot by then but I think it takes better like that.

theneverendinglaundry Mon 16-Dec-19 19:31:54

My mum cooks a Turkey and then drives to my house (1 and a half hours). Its still warm!

beanaseireann Mon 16-Dec-19 19:54:06

I think my guests - family - would be disappointed if it was cold.

everythingstaken123 Wed 18-Dec-19 18:18:53

I do this. Cover it in tin foil and towels and it's fine. It gives you time to roast everything else and make the gravy. It's much less stressful and it tastes better. Just put lots of foil on not just one piece!

SquishyFishy Wed 18-Dec-19 18:24:31

One is normally out of the oven for 2 hours before we eat it. It's wrapped in foil and covered in about 6 tea towels and it's normally still lovely and hot when we get to it.

SquishyFishy Wed 18-Dec-19 18:24:50

Ours not one!

queenofkale Wed 18-Dec-19 18:28:30

Ours is always out for 2 hours and is warm not piping hot but warm. Make sure everything else is hot and hot gravy and it's perfect much juicer.

Tin foil and tea towels (clean)

beanaseireann Wed 18-Dec-19 18:52:51

Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »