Talk

Advanced search

Food you finally tried & liked

(5 Posts)
Downunderduchess Mon 16-Dec-19 09:29:23

Not for any reason but before last month I’d never had marmalade. I was given it for breakfast when I stayed in a guesthouse in New Zealand, now I love it, so delicious on toast, eat it all the time. Are there any quite normal foods you’d never tried but have ended up loving?

OP’s posts: |
Santasy Mon 16-Dec-19 09:34:05

Marmite!

I'm a lover (not a hater) despite coming so late to the Marmite party!

Peanuts and peanut butter. Never ate them until about 10 years ago (am 50yo) and now am addicted!

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 16-Dec-19 09:36:57

I can still remember my first pizza. My Mother insisted I would not like pizza and I finally tried it when I was about 15. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!! PIZZA!!!!!!

Also, tomatoes and olives.

BrowncoatWaffles Mon 16-Dec-19 09:37:52

Halloumi. I was distrustful of a cheese that didn't melt, but it turns out it's delicious (especially when deep fried in batter blush)

Avihoot Mon 16-Dec-19 09:38:53

I was thinking there wasn't anything as I had a mum who made us eat everything with the result that I can't really think of any normal food I have not tried, but then I remembered one from very recently. I thought I would see what all the fuss was about with non dairy milk and bought a carton of coconut milk. Obviously I have had coconut milk before in dishes, but omg, coconut milk to drink, or on cereal, is delicious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »