Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed for a quick and easy (but tasty) meal - maybe a vegetarian dish with blue cheese?

(6 Posts)
Ceebee74 Thu 23-Aug-07 19:47:28

Am so bored of all my recipes that I can't think what to cook over the weekend (DH does the shopping on Fridays so need to do a list tonight).

Any ideas? I love blue cheese so maybe a chicken or vegetarian dish with this? (No beef ones though as we are having that on Monday).

lillypie Thu 23-Aug-07 20:07:10

What about a homemade pizza or even

this

Lucycat Thu 23-Aug-07 20:17:13

mushroom and stilton bake with garlic bread - really simple and tasty

saute button type mushrooms in butter, place in individual serving dishes, make up a white sauce, add about half the block of stilton - put the rest in chunks on top of the mushrooms. Pour the sauce over, cook for 30 mins approx - eat - and don't burn your mouth. Accompany with large glass of red.

Ceebee74 Thu 23-Aug-07 20:25:16

Thanks for the ideas

Lucycat - have to say the mushroom and stilton bake does sound yummy.

Nat1H Thu 23-Aug-07 20:35:57

Pear and walnut salad - absolutely delicious! You can add chicken if you want.

Ready made salad (If you want to be really lazy)
Toast walnuts in walnut oil until slightly browned (put in oven to keep warm on v. low heat about 100C)
Cook quartered and peeled pears in same oil as walnuts unitl 'caramelised' Put on top of salad and serve whilst still warm.

Absolutley gorgeous!! You have to try it to believe it.
We serve it with chicken (and sometimes bacon) and new potatoes as a main course.

Enjoy

Lucycat Thu 23-Aug-07 20:36:08

oh good!

in fact I might do it myself tomorrow night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now