Talk

Advanced search

Saturday night food

(8 Posts)
PurpleDaisies Sat 07-Dec-19 19:39:12

If we’re having a chilli midweek, it’s usually just with a jacket or rice, but on a Saturday it gets guacamole, sour cream, cheese and Doritos as well. Saturday night curry gets samosas, poppadums, bhajis etc. It makes it feel like a treat.

Anyone else do this? What other standard meals do you soup up for the weekend?

OP’s posts: |
RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 07-Dec-19 19:41:24

We're only having cheese and crackers, but I've bought posh crackers and we're having chilli jam, pickles etc plus Manchego and Gouda instead of Cheddar.

PurpleDaisies Sat 07-Dec-19 19:42:52

That sounds delicious. Chilli jam is going on my shopping list for this week. One of my favourite things.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 07-Dec-19 19:44:44

The Stokes one is incredible.

AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 07-Dec-19 20:19:25

Yes. I often do similar but some Saturdays we go the other way and declare ‘on toast night’. Big plates of toast and toasted muffins with melted cheese, then a bowl of beans, garlic mushrooms and tomatoes and a tray of poached eggs for people to help their self. It’s always a hit😆

PurpleDaisies Sat 07-Dec-19 20:26:28

I love the idea of “on toast night”. Definitely going to nick that one.

RockingMyFiftiesNot Sun 08-Dec-19 08:42:30

I did a quick prawn and pasta dish last night, as it was Saturday also had time to make some sun-dried tomato bread and made a green salad

handbagsatdawn33 Sun 08-Dec-19 11:08:43

I spend a long time cooking Sunday to Friday.
On Saturday, DH might cook a spag bol or chilli, or a ready-meal from Sainsbo.
I only enter the kitchen to refill my wine glass.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »