Talk

Advanced search

Festive treats that aren't chocolate or nuts

(5 Posts)
Gertrudesgarden Fri 06-Dec-19 10:14:21

I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give me. This time of year, most of the special treats people buy are either chocolate or nut based, and I don't like either. I also don't like marzipan.

I'm hoping some of you will share anything you enjoy that will be a bit of a special treat, rather than my usual hula hoops and ginger biscuits.
I don't mind making things so recipe links would be appreciated.
I'd also be grateful if you could point me at things that I could just buy and stash away for having as a personal treat whilst the rest of the piggery oops family gnashes their way through the quality street and nut bowl.....I feel all left out sometimes!

OP’s posts: |
ifigoup Fri 06-Dec-19 10:16:22

Twiglets
Those Scandi/German spiced biscuits - pfeffernussen?
Panettone
York Fruits
Orange and lemon jelly slices
Turkish delight

Lollypalooza Fri 06-Dec-19 10:18:43

Cheeseboard!

Gertrudesgarden Fri 06-Dec-19 10:24:01

Goody! I'd forgotten about York Fruits (yum yum yum) and the german style biscuits. I'm making up a shopping list and ALL of these are going on it. I'll have to hide them all really well though as my tribe of piglets will just seek and destroy if I don't. Thank you!

Gertrudesgarden Fri 06-Dec-19 10:25:22

Cheese is thankfully something I don't have to share. They eat red leicester, and that's it. All the scrummy stuff is MINE! Nice crackers need to be hidden though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »