Talk

Advanced search

Eggs and Camembert?

(12 Posts)
Speedsloth Tue 03-Dec-19 22:25:13

Hi all

First post. My wife and I currently 25 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately we have lost our last 3 babies in the last 2 years. So we are super anxious about current baby.

It's our wedding anniversary Sunday and my wife has been missing poached eggs and Camembert. I was thinking of doing her a nice full English poached eggs included and baked camembert with bread for tea.

What's the risk really if I buy premium products etc?

Any help appreciated

Alex

dementedpixie Tue 03-Dec-19 22:29:46

If they are lion stamped eggs it's fine to have them with runny yolk. Camembert is also fine if heated to piping hot

StrawberryPi Tue 03-Dec-19 22:29:51

Baked Camembert is allowed! It's cooked so any nasties will have been killed, just make sure it is really hot.

Lion marked eggs are also safe to eat soft so poached eggs would be fine! See the NHS guidance here which confirms both these things:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/foods-to-avoid-pregnant/

StrawberryPi Tue 03-Dec-19 22:30:30

Cross post with Pixie!!

dementedpixie Tue 03-Dec-19 22:31:37

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/foods-to-avoid-pregnant/

LadyGAgain Tue 03-Dec-19 22:38:09

You sound like an absolute sweetheart! Enjoy your thoroughly baked Camembert and lions eggs.YUM!!!

SpaceDinosaur Tue 03-Dec-19 23:03:14

Don't forget some really good bread too!!!

Speedsloth Wed 04-Dec-19 23:14:16

Thanks to all. I'll defo sort the bread as well. Good tiger loaf I think. Sorry if I posted an already discussed thread (strawberrypi) but I tried to find my answer and couldn't. With the amount of failed pregnancies we have had I'm hyper aware of doing things right

StrawberryPi Thu 05-Dec-19 12:52:25

No no I wasn't criticising you!! Just amused me that me and Pixie answered pretty much exactly the same at exactly the same time grin

00100001 Thu 05-Dec-19 12:57:53

Sounds lovely of you.
And as pps have said, no risk.
But, considering your history... I'd not do this, in case your wife frets too much/doesn't want to take a risk?

Will she happily tuck in?

Speedsloth Thu 05-Dec-19 18:00:16

Ah sorry strawberry pi I thought I'd not researched enough.

I think she will eat it. We are in the third trimester so a lot further than we have ever been. Having all our losses being at 12 week

StrawberryPi Thu 05-Dec-19 19:32:20

I hope you both enjoy your treat!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »