Talk

Advanced search

Microwave homemade meatballs?

(3 Posts)
DontBuyANewMumCashmere Mon 25-Nov-19 16:37:58

If I batch cook meatballs and freeze in sauce, could I cook these from frozen somehow?

I normally freeze the leftovers, defrost and microwave for my child but would you cook from frozen, or defrost in the microwave?

Alternatively can I have suggestions for homecooked meals I can cook from frozen? DD eats separately from us in the week as DH gets home late, I'm so bored with her meals and she must be too!

Tia

OP’s posts: |
handbagsatdawn33 Mon 25-Nov-19 19:02:30

This is one of my regular quick meals. Either works, but if I defrost in the mike I usually carry on cooking gently until thoroughly hot.

I've got a stash of HM meals in the freezer at any one time - anything that can vaguely be called a casserole or stew freezes well & can be frozen in portions - ragu, curry, chilli, oxtail, etc

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Mon 25-Nov-19 21:10:47

Thanks.
Yes I have loads of homemade freezer stuff, but none I think that I'd cook from frozen... It all requires thought and defrosting. And they're all adult portions.

I'd like to have smaller things I can just whip out for kids last minute, you know?
The equivalent of fish fingers/nuggets that take 12 mins from frozen... But are healthy! grin

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »