Talk

Advanced search

Really need some inspiration for healthy recipes!

(8 Posts)
yearinyearout Sat 16-Nov-19 22:52:21

Have piled on some weight on holiday and although I'm a good cook I find myself cooking the same trusted recipes week in week out. What are your favourite healthy dinners? I prefer stuff I can bung in a pot rather than loads of fiddly components so any good healthy curry recipes etc would be great.

Blondie1984 Sun 17-Nov-19 02:59:21

Maybe have a look at the Pinch of Nom cookbook?

Ricekrispie22 Sun 17-Nov-19 05:52:29

One pot chicken casserole www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-one-pot-chicken-casserole
Aloo Gobi traybake realfood.tesco.com/recipes/aloo-gobi-traybake.html
Prawn stir fry realfood.tesco.com/recipes/one-pot-prawn-and-noodle-stir-fry.html
Spanish rice and prawns www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spanish-rice-prawn-one-pot
Sweet potato and chicken traybake realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chicken-and-sweet-potato-traybake.html
Salmon pesto traybake realfood.tesco.com/recipes/salmon-artichoke-and-potato-pesto-traybake.html
Spicy veg and quinoa stew www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spicy-vegetable-quinoa-one-pot
Jambalaya www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167651/chicken-and-chorizo-jambalaya

yearinyearout Sun 17-Nov-19 14:23:21

@Blondie1984 actually that's a great idea, I'd forgotten about pinch of nom, they have a fb page too I think. Will check that out.
I have chicken cacciatore planned for today and prawn stir fry tomorrow, thanks @Ricekrispie22 for that one!

handbagsatdawn33 Sun 17-Nov-19 18:07:51

The Hairy Dieters have several books that might be of interest, including a fast food one - under 30 minutes allegedly.

APerkyPumpkin Sun 17-Nov-19 18:08:38

My top tip is to get a veg box every week, and use it.

yearinyearout Sun 17-Nov-19 18:59:46

I eat plenty of veg anyway (trying to eat less meat generally) and the recipes I do cook are healthy, I'm just stuck in a rut cooking the same meals most weeks. Got a feeling my Dd has the hairy dieters cookbook so I might borrow it!

LaDameAuxLicornes Sun 17-Nov-19 20:30:27

I agree with APerkyPumpkin: getting a veg box is really good for getting out of a rut because it pushes you to use vegetables you might not otherwise have thought to buy, and that usually results (for us at least) in trying out new and healthy recipes. World Vegetarian is great for veg-related inspiration.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »