Talk

Advanced search

IBS friendly dinner ideas please!

(12 Posts)
ladybirdsarelovely33 Wed 06-Nov-19 00:03:58

I have a friend coming over who has IBS and need to make dinner for her. Need a family friendly recipe which is a bit fancy but not too fancy.
I know she isn't into garlic, onions or pulses.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 06-Nov-19 05:06:53

Thai salmon curry www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/fodmap-advice-and-recipes/thai-salmon-curry-recipe/

Volvemos Wed 06-Nov-19 11:30:19

Coconut milk is only low fodmap if the portion of it per person is 60ml or less, so that recipe is a bit off unfortunately. It’d be fine if you reduced the amount of coconut milk and make sure max 75g of green beans per person.

Monash University (who devised their Low Fodmap Diet) do continually test food stuffs and adjust recommended amounts accordingly, so recipes and lists elsewhere can go out of date.

ladybirdsarelovely33 Wed 06-Nov-19 11:35:32

Any other ideas then please?

MangoM Wed 06-Nov-19 11:44:29

Sorry, this isn't very helpful but you're best to just ask your friend directly what she can and can't eat. IBS is one of those things that affects everyone differently.

Volvemos Wed 06-Nov-19 11:45:42

Agree with @MangoM

TwattingDog Wed 06-Nov-19 11:46:41

You need to check what she can and can't eat.

I have IBS, and high fibre breads and cereals are awful for me - seeded breads (all leavened bread really) , brown pasta etc - but I'm fine on white pasta and flat breads.

Others are the opposite.

Blondie1984 Thu 07-Nov-19 02:49:59

Look at a blog called She Can’t Eat What and another called Gluten Free Cuppa Tea

Purpleartichoke Thu 07-Nov-19 03:00:14

My default would be white, not whole grain, pasta with a cream sauce.

dontgobaconmyheart Thu 07-Nov-19 12:11:40

IBS doesn't have specific foods that can or cannot be eaten (unlike coeliac or lactose intolerant etc). You'll need to ask her what she can and can't eat really OP as peoples IBS triggers differ.

If that isn't possible perhaps google for some low FODMAP meals and make one of those, but much easier to ask if they are avoiding dairy/nuts and seeds/tomatoes/spice etc and then meal plan when you know.

GreatBritishbakeofffan Fri 08-Nov-19 21:31:17

http://www.ibssano.com/lowfodmapp_recipes.html
This website really helped me

ladybirdsarelovely33 Sun 10-Nov-19 22:32:41

Thank you. I found stuff on the Monash university website

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »