Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with these?

(11 Posts)
OkayGoooouuuuuullllll Mon 28-Oct-19 13:44:33

I have a couple of shelves mounted on the wall in my kitchen which I've put all my spices and pasta etc in glass jars on, my husband came home from the shop a while ago with these and I can't figure out what I can make to put in them. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes?

OP’s posts: |
MangoSalsa Mon 28-Oct-19 14:15:55

I have similar. Store chia seeds and popcorn kernels in them, easy to pour out controlled amounts.

Sgtmajormummy Mon 28-Oct-19 14:30:51

Infuse a sprig of rosemary or some dried chili peppers to make flavored olive oil.
It’s hard to tell what size they are from your picture.
DH’s aunt makes her own Limoncello (boil untreated lemons in cooking alcohol, squash then strain). Delicious but she makes about 10 bottles at a time.

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 28-Oct-19 14:57:58

Vinegars or oils

OkayGoooouuuuuullllll Mon 28-Oct-19 16:35:25

It says they're 0.55 litre on the bottle. I might try the olive oil idea - I once went to a wedding in Italy a few years ago and I'm off limoncello for life 🤢

I do like the idea of the seeds etc but I don't know it I would use them!

fallfallfall Mon 28-Oct-19 16:56:57

I make my own salad dressings, but of course store them in the fridge. I’ve got one of those, it currently has molasses in it. I’m not keen on it, wouldn’t buy another.

WomensRightsAreContraversial Mon 28-Oct-19 16:59:44

Make apple scrap vinegar in them, just cut the scraps down small enough to easily come out thlsmile

Or fermented ginger pop with weigh (is that how you spell it?? The watery stuff left over from cheese or yoghurt making)

OneTerrificMouse Mon 28-Oct-19 17:02:10

i'd grind up some chillis, add some cider vinegar and sugar, boil to just before jam hot and then pour into the sterilised bottles, and you will have a lovely sweet and hot dipping sauce.

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 28-Oct-19 17:46:33

Chilli oil

OkayGoooouuuuuullllll Mon 28-Oct-19 18:38:31

Thanks everyone!! Some really good ideas here thlsmile

inwood Tue 29-Oct-19 12:56:50

Chilli oil

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »