Talk

Advanced search

Mince

(8 Posts)
maslinpan Sat 12-Oct-19 10:55:27

I want to use up some mince from the freezer today, small amount each of pork and beef, about 350 g in total. How can I combine them, and stretch them into a meal without having to buy more meat? We are two adults and 2 hungry kids, enjoy most flavours, but I don't have any bright ideas. We all like pulses, so that's the obvious way to bulk the meat out, but I can't think of the next step - help!

OP’s posts: |
AnneKipanki Sat 12-Oct-19 10:57:09

I sometimes make a lasagna with a meat layer and a lentil layer .

P1nkHeartLovesCake Sat 12-Oct-19 11:39:06

Chilli, you can bulk it out with lentils and/or beans (kidney beans. Butter beans, chickpeas)

handbagsatdawn33 Sat 12-Oct-19 11:51:02

Add red lentils, tin of toms, basil, etc - the usual suspects for a bolognese & serve with spag, perhaps?

Ricekrispie22 Sat 12-Oct-19 13:55:09

Enchiladas www.healthyfood.co.uk/recipe/beef-bean-enchiladas/
Stuffed peppers www.budgens.co.uk/recipes/beef-and-rice-stuffed-peppers or www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/333613/pork-and-bulgharstuffed-peppers

Oopsinamechangedagain2020 Sat 12-Oct-19 13:56:34

Get a large courgette and chop it up really really small and make Bolognese.

CanYouHearThePeopleSing Sat 12-Oct-19 13:57:52

Go to gousto cookbook online and you will find loads of great mince recipes. All really quick and easy. I find it easier to Google 'gousto cookbook mince recipe' rather than go to the site and search from there.

SingingLily Sat 12-Oct-19 14:06:14

Spanish meatball and butter bean stew. This uses 350g pork mince but if you are using a combined pork and beef mince, there won't be a great deal of difference to the taste.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spanish-meatball-butter-bean-stew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »