Talk

Advanced search

Sauce for chicken

(8 Posts)
Impatientwino Fri 11-Oct-19 16:28:19

I need a light ish sauce to go with roasted chicken supremes but not gravy.

Anyone got a good one up their sleeve? I had a lovely tarragon creamy jus at my wedding but don't know if tarragon is a bit pungent for some?

Will be served with roast potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and baby carrots

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
AdaColeman Fri 11-Oct-19 16:33:41

Hollandaise or beurre blanc?

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 11-Oct-19 18:26:11

Reduce some white wine, once it's syrupy add a small splash of cream, taste and season.
Use that and add fresh parsley right at the end.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sun 13-Oct-19 10:40:45

Maybe use dill instead of tarragon, similar anise flavour profile, but not as bullying as tarragon can be (and I speak as a tarragon lover). Would be lovely in a cream sauce, perhaps with just a hint of Dijon mustard too

Ricekrispie22 Sun 13-Oct-19 16:05:37

Honey and mustard www.simplycook.com/recipes/Creamy-Honey-Mustard-Chicken or spinach and Parmesan www.abelandcole.co.uk/recipes/chicken-with-creamy-parmesan-spinach-sauce

Xiaoxiong Sun 13-Oct-19 22:26:42

I was going to say the same as above, reduce white wine, add cream and whole grain mustard to taste. Simmer until it's thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and season.

Impatientwino Mon 14-Oct-19 22:30:49

Thanks all! I'm going to test a few of these out!

Wine and cream always sound good to me grin

OP’s posts: |
kateandme Tue 15-Oct-19 01:49:44

the wine was is good with leeks cooked down stirred into it too.and sometimes bacon!
honey mustard is nice.
another one is french country one which is onions,mushrooms,carrots,then wine and then cream and chives through at the end.
or tomato based one is spanish chicken style sauce which is nice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »