Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know a good person/company to make a party cake in north london/herts?

(12 Posts)
bodiddly Mon 13-Aug-07 21:13:55

Its my parents silver wedding anniversary and I need to get a chocolate cake made and decorated ... can anyone recommend a company or individual in North London or Hertfordshire?

liliac Mon 13-Aug-07 21:23:05

herethese are srummy.

liliac Mon 13-Aug-07 21:23:26

scrummy even.

bodiddly Mon 13-Aug-07 21:27:11

Thanks, they look fantastic .. but they look as if they may have a HUGE price tag to go with them! Anyone got anything slightly less impressive?

bodiddly Mon 13-Aug-07 21:32:32

actually their house style cake doesnt look too pricey!

LelsandZaffy Wed 15-Aug-07 15:43:23

Where abouts in North London are your parents bodiddly???

There is a bakers near me, Palmers Green, they are greek but make lovely fresh cakes- v.reasonable too! One that serves about 20 costs around £20- fresh and all!

donnie Wed 15-Aug-07 15:49:15

a friend of mine does the most exquisite cakes - she is in Whetstone. I paid a mere £25 for my dd's birthday cake which looked like it came from Harrod's or some top French Pattiserie - she really is good. She does all the cakes for her son's school summer fete raffle, christmas raffle etc.tell me if you want her email addy.

bodiddly Wed 15-Aug-07 20:21:31

Yes please Donnie that would be great!thanks LesandZaffy but I think donnie may have the answer! I am in Potters Bar so Whetstone is only down the road.

Earlybird Wed 15-Aug-07 20:33:12

Most everyone I know has given up on the expensive bakeries for cakes, and just puts in an order at Waitrose or M&S. The cakes taste good, and can be 'customised' with candles and other decorations to make them look special.

But - that is for kid's birthday cakes. Probably different for a big anniversary.

bodiddly Wed 15-Aug-07 20:41:27

that is exactly what I would usually do for birthdays earlybird ... but my parents have had a tough time recently with illness etc so I think they deserve something extra special!

LelsandZaffy Thu 16-Aug-07 18:31:21

Donnie, could I have the addie for your friend too please, dd2 birthday next month and we have a larrrrge family to feed!!

bodiddly Fri 17-Aug-07 08:01:15

donnie ... if you are able to get your friend's email address and she is willing to make me a cake could you please email it me at info@homeinteriorsltd.co.uk thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now