Talk

Advanced search

Turning leftover roast chicken into fajita?

(13 Posts)
Chloe9 Sat 05-Oct-19 09:19:42

If I stir fry the leftover roast chicken in fajita seasoning will it work for fajita wraps? Or will it just be really dry? I was thinking maybe some Passata might make it less dry but don't want it soggy either? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Solasum Sat 05-Oct-19 09:23:19

Coat the meat in spices for a bit then serve with sour cream and avocado to make it wetter?

BexleyRae Sat 05-Oct-19 09:25:44

I do this all the time, I use a bit of oil, peppers and onions with the chicken. It never turns out dry. It's my favourite way to use up chicken

UnaOfStormhold Sat 05-Oct-19 09:28:55

I'd fry up onions and peppers in the spices, then toss in the chicken. You could maybe add a little bit of tomato puree, or if you have plenty of time, use half a tin of tomatoes and leave to cook down so it's not too soggy.

Chloe9 Sat 05-Oct-19 09:41:29

No onions or peppers but do have most varieties of tomato (pasta sauce in a jar, tomato purée, passata, tinned tomatoes)

UnaOfStormhold Sat 05-Oct-19 12:12:54

Any other veg? I feel peppers and onions are fairly core for fajitas.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 05-Oct-19 14:27:24

I use onions, cherry tomatoes and baby corn as I hate peppers

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 05-Oct-19 14:53:37

Do you have any canned beans or sweetcorn? Either or both of those, along with tinned tomatoes and your shredded chicken and lots of grated cheese would be a good filler for fajita style wraps.

Chloe9 Sat 05-Oct-19 15:15:10

I have heaps of salad and grated cheese. I think I'll just fry it in some oil, fajita seasoning and a small amount of chopped tomatoes. It would probably be nice without the tomatoes if I had salsa, guacamole and/or soured cream, but nothing like that in. I bought the wraps for another meal but we won't eat them all in time unless I find another meal to do and always have loads of roast chicken left.

Oswin Sat 05-Oct-19 15:17:16

I Do this. I normally add sweet corn and a few tbs of water it makes the seasoning more like a sauce and is very nice.

RobertSmithdoesmyhair Sun 06-Oct-19 16:28:47

Squirt a bit of BBQ sauce into it. Moistens it nicely.

Chloe9 Sun 06-Oct-19 20:31:28

No leftover chicken. I'm devastated. The kids had it. Hungry little buggers would have eaten the bones if I'd let them (as well as everything else in the house). Normally there's loads left, and I got a large chicken. I'll have to get some fresh, so may as well buy some peppers and onions while I'm at it (and some guacamole!). Got a craving for it now.

kateandme Mon 07-Oct-19 01:13:53

the chicken is much nicer from a cooked chicken too.
we add salsa to ours that usually comes in the pack.so im sure some tinned toms or pasata would be great.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »