Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

star fruit

(11 Posts)
fransmom Sun 12-Aug-07 23:07:56

how on earth do i prepare one????????

had a dessert that had something on the side which looked like a star, so that's what i assumed it was! it was very nice so would like to try one. i actuallly bought one but didn't have a clue what to do with it!

mtia x

fransmom Sun 12-Aug-07 23:11:41

fransmom Mon 13-Aug-07 22:33:00

anyone?

B3CCY Mon 13-Aug-07 23:45:04

hiya

presume you mean star anise?

not quite sure if you eat them as they are,
I thought they were just a dried fruit that was used as a spice to flavour dishes, I know that it's one of the spices that you get in chinese five spice.

Jamie Oliver does a nice plum and star anise duck dish in his cookbook Jamies Dinners

Have you tried to find a recipe online?

fransmom Tue 14-Aug-07 23:05:28

kind of like this but yellow

WendyWeber Tue 14-Aug-07 23:10:03

We have used it in fruit salad but ages ago and forgot how - have googled and got this - it says just wash and slice.

Nice and easy then

j20baby Tue 14-Aug-07 23:21:36

i'm pretty sure you need to somehow peel them first. we used to have them as kids, but can't remember properly how my mum prepared them!

pointydog Tue 14-Aug-07 23:34:58

made a christmas fruit salad with it few years back. Just wash and slice, don't peel.

BirdyArms Tue 14-Aug-07 23:46:06

Agree that you just slice them, no need to peel. Remember the excitement the first time we had them in the late eighties, never reakky took off in a big way though!

BirdyArms Tue 14-Aug-07 23:46:07

Agree that you just slice them, no need to peel. Remember the excitement the first time we had them in the late eighties, never reakky took off in a big way though!

fransmom Wed 15-Aug-07 12:49:26

thanks for that wendyweber! def nice and easy.

and thanks to you too birdyarms

and thanks to you too birdyarms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now