Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any good Autumn/winter salad recipes?

(6 Posts)
Weedinosaurus Sun 29-Sep-19 15:29:22

Just that really. I love salads but find dh and dcs aren’t so happy to eat them once it starts getting into autumn. Any ideas would be great, thanks.

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 29-Sep-19 16:27:36

brit.co has loads of recipes for winter salads x

Weedinosaurus Sun 29-Sep-19 17:08:48

Thank you! Some of those look perfect!

OP’s posts: |
Gertrudesgarden Mon 30-Sep-19 16:54:04

My favourite salad for winter is a spinach base. I then top with some cherry or baby plum tomatoes, some red pepper slices and whatever other veg I fancy. I core and slice a pear (or two if I'm hungry) and cook the slices on a griddle, then shuck them on the spinach, along with some apricot stilton and some toasted pinenuts (or walnuts, if you like them). My dressings are usually a balsamic vinegar or fruit vinegar but this is also fab with a good quality honey and mustard dressing. That's a main course salad that I serve with good bread.

Side salads for winter:
coleslaw
red cabbage, beetroot and pomegranate
cheese, apple and celery in mayo
Celery, salted nuts (usually cashews) and raisins, with a base of shredded cabbage.

Peony99 Mon 30-Sep-19 17:27:49

Hugh F-W's parsnip and puy lentil salad is amazing

https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/roasted-parsnip-puy-lentil-and-watercress-salad

242Mummy Tue 01-Oct-19 20:29:26

This salad is AMAZING - so delicious: www.wellplated.com/roasted-butternut-squash-freekeh-salad/

Her other salad recipes look good too - I've also tried the Curry Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Chickpeas and Sweet Potatoes. DH keeps asking me to make more for his lunchbox.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »