Talk

Advanced search

Calling all people who like to eat lentils and pulses and the like!

(6 Posts)
MaureenMLove Sat 11-Aug-07 17:57:04

You probably won't kow what the hell I'm talking about, but its worth a try! I went to a farm shop in Faversham a few weeks ago and DH bought something called 'searrata'. Its a mixture of pulses and seedy things, of which the only thing I recognise is pearl barley. You use it the same way as rice, but its much more interesting than rice for a salad particularly. Anyway, we only bought one pot and now its all gone and its a long way back to Faversham! Has anyone heard of such a thing OR has anyone got any ideas for making my own 'mix up' of things that might do the trick?
TIA

moondog Sun 12-Aug-07 00:02:56

Ooh,sounds interesting?
Couldn't you just throw a few things together yourself?

Aitch Sun 12-Aug-07 00:07:42

oooh, sounds great. i'll be waiting to find out. couldn't you phone the farm shop, maureen?
h x

expatinscotland Sun 12-Aug-07 00:08:22

Mmm, pearl barley.

Heatherslaw Mills is the best for it!

Recognize any of the 'seedy things'?

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Aug-07 09:51:00

Thanks for your help guys. We're not a million miles from this particular shop. but I just know it will involve a visit to the IL's, so any excuse not to go really! I have got their number, so I might try Aitch. I'll keep you posted.

expatinscotland Sun 12-Aug-07 11:00:58

Let us know the name of htis product. Sounds tasty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now