Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help please.......Fish Pie

(7 Posts)
purpleflower Fri 10-Aug-07 22:41:07

I have some fresh tuna, cod, monkfish and trout.

My question is will these be a revolting combination of fish or will they be ok?

It would also be very much appreciated if you would share your favourite recipes with me

walbert Fri 10-Aug-07 22:46:35

Hmm, might make a seperate tuna pasta bake, but use other three together, def!

fruittea Fri 10-Aug-07 22:48:29

Yes, I think the tuna might be a bit strange in the mix too.

My favourite recipe, is to mix the raw fish with 250g of mascarpone, 200g creme fraiche, chives and peas, top with mash, then breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake for 40 mins at gas 4. Yummy and easy.

purpleflower Fri 10-Aug-07 22:51:55

Thank you

I decided to empty my freezer of the fish earlier!!

Going to be living on fish for the next week I think

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 10-Aug-07 22:54:57

I thought fish pie was cod and prawns.
Was presented with a so called fish pie on hols once in a crummy half board hotel with fixed menu evening meal, it had mussels, crabsticks in and some tiny tentacles that I could see the suckers on!! Now THAT is a revolting combination

PeachesMcLean Fri 10-Aug-07 22:58:09

Usually white fish in a fish pie? Can't imagine tuna or trout. For some reason smoked salmon is ok though.

Mmmm, love fish pie. With a really cheesy sauce, and ketchup is compulsory. DH won't touch it though.

walbert Fri 10-Aug-07 22:59:25

Purpleflower, either get a Colmans tna pasta bake sauce mix (eveil quick tea's, I am damned etc, but they are very very nice!) for tuna, or just cook some pasta, chop up an onion and mix in onion, tuna, plenty mayo and black pepper and there you have nice cold pasta snack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now