Talk

Advanced search

Share your feta recipes!

(25 Posts)
Cordial11 Fri 20-Sep-19 12:08:40

Found a deli with the best feta and I can’t stop craving it.... please share your recipes that use feta...
So far I have done a chorizo and spinach pasta topped with feta and also fish with sweet potato& potato diced with feta yummy!

OP’s posts: |
dirtyfries Fri 20-Sep-19 12:44:52

Spinach & feta filo pie. It tastes even better cold the next day!
www.momskitchenhandbook.com/recipes/want-them-to-eat-spinach-put-it-in-a-pie/

dirtyfries Fri 20-Sep-19 12:47:27

I've also been known to eat piles of feta cheese on top of rice cakes, drizzled in sweet chilli sauce and black pepper. I won't admit to how many I eat in one sitting! blush

Ricekrispie22 Fri 20-Sep-19 17:20:18

The sweetness of sweet potatoes really compliments the tang that feta has. I love this baked sweet potato recipe realfood.tesco.com/recipes/baked-sweet-potatoes-with-kale-feta-chilli-and-onion.html and this salad www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3028676/sweet-potato-spring-onion-and-feta-salad

Feta is also commonly used in a moussaka topping. www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/moussaka-with-feta-topping/

It also goes well in a frittata www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipe/pea-feta-summer-herb-frittata

midsomermurderess Fri 20-Sep-19 18:12:57

I'm just back from holiday in Greece so what comes immediately to mind is a big slab, stink;Ed with oregano, on a tomato, cucumber and olive salad. What's not to like? A tomato and feta flan is a lovely thing too though.

midsomermurderess Fri 20-Sep-19 18:13:20

sprinkled.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Fri 20-Sep-19 18:14:20

Not a great fan of it cooked so my recipe is

Huge slab of feta
Crisp bread or crackers
Green pickled pepper

Tolleshunt Fri 20-Sep-19 18:14:52

Nigella’s watermelon, feta and mint salads. Sounds gross but is delicious.

Aquamarine1029 Fri 20-Sep-19 18:16:36

A frittata with your favourite ingredients and feta is delicious and so easy.

justaphasethatimgoingthrough Fri 20-Sep-19 18:16:48

Baked with tomatoes, peppers, onions, oregano and loads of feta in the oven and serve with crusty bread

Bobbybobbins Fri 20-Sep-19 18:17:41

Love it as a pizza topping with black olives, artichokes, peppers etc

inthekitchensink Fri 20-Sep-19 18:17:46

Ooh feta, I love it.

- roasted fig & feta with a little balsamic glaze & then spread on crackers with chopped mint

- salads with a base of rice, couscous or buckwheat with crumbled feta, mint, poemegranate seeds, or walnuts or pistachio

- feta & natural yoghurt dip with mint & pistachio

- feta, pea & mint frittata

Butternut squash & feta soup

notacooldad Fri 20-Sep-19 18:19:14

I like feta and figs.
www.olivetomato.com/roasted-figs-stuffed-with-feta-cheese/

Queenoftheashes Fri 20-Sep-19 18:20:49

I like it with beetroot - on a beetroot risotto or feta beetroot and rocket in a sandwich

Savingforarainyday Fri 20-Sep-19 18:24:37

Baked with tomatoes, peppers, onions, oregano and loads of feta in the oven and serve with crusty bread

Yes! And you can also add chicken, olives, courgette...
Tis a go to in my house- everything is extra tasty with either fera or chorizo ( or both!!!)

unwravellingagain Fri 20-Sep-19 18:29:30

courgette and feta fritters, mmmm

BreakHerOffAKitKat Fri 20-Sep-19 18:46:50

Chickpeas, tin of chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion and chorizo fried off then stir in crumbled feta and spinach before serving. Delicious

Coffeeandchocolate9 Fri 20-Sep-19 18:51:34

Slab of feta in a ramekin. Add a fewdiced peppers, red onion, good olive oil, garlic and fresh thyme (rosemary or basil would also work). Oven bake and serve with crispy bread grin

Coffeeandchocolate9 Fri 20-Sep-19 18:52:19

^ oh, olives need to be in that too!

muddledmidget Fri 20-Sep-19 18:53:29

Cook spaghetti, chop up sun dried tomatoes, add sun dried tomatoes and some of the oil to the spaghetti and add loads of feta to it.

Tolleshunt Fri 20-Sep-19 18:54:02

Ooh, some lovely ideas on this thread!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 20-Sep-19 19:47:10

Love this thread.

The Nigella salad mentioned below is gorgeous.

Yes to courgette and feta fritters.

I like to mash feta and mix with finely chopped green chilli, a bit of Greek yoghurt and a load of black pepper, plus lemon juice, as a dip.

Those long thin red peppers are lovely halved lengthwise and filled with a mixture of mashed feta, red onion, lemon juice and fresh herbs then roasted

joystir59 Fri 20-Sep-19 19:49:39

Feta and water melon is divine. Feta and pineapple pizza is great. Prawn aganaki is wonderful- prawns poached in a chill hot tomato sauce served with pasta, crumble feta into the hot prawn and sauce mix just before serving so that it half melts

joystir59 Fri 20-Sep-19 19:50:05

Saganaki not aganaki!

Cordial11 Fri 20-Sep-19 23:50:11

Wow sorry I was asleep (time difference) cannot wait to get cooking! Thanks everyone grin

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »