Talk

Advanced search

Eating out recommendation - London and Home Counties - try Natural Cafe!

(7 Posts)
Smithy Thu 09-Aug-07 22:22:08

Was in Petersfield today and went to a fab venue for lunch, called Natural Cafe. I found out afterwards that they are part of a chain and are located in a number of places in London/Home Counties. Great range of child friendly food, lovely coffee for mum, and mouthwatering menu.
Website is www.naturalcompany.co.uk/.
Here: Chiswick, Kingston, Putney, Richmond, Petersfield, Marlow, Godalming, Wimbledon, Crouch End, Westbourne Grove, Northcote Road.
menu
menu
I would recommend it if you fancy somewhere different to go for lunch out and about!

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 09-Aug-07 22:27:30

I took the DCs to one last week. DS(7) wanted a sandwich but then complained that the bread was brown and had "bits" in. Then he didn't like the orange juice because it had "the peel" still in. Luckily DD (2) ate w/o complaining or else you'd have thought all they have at home is white bread and squash I agree it's v nice, our local one even has a tiny den with books and toys for the children. The staff were friendly too.

StarryStarryNight Thu 09-Aug-07 22:32:19

I havent been to my local for a while, as I was very disappointed. I dont like that they have have humzingers next to the counter, so the kids will beg for that, and a large assortement of juices packed with artificial sweeteners, colouring and flavouring, the bread was dry and the side salad was red on the edges, so not exactly fresh. Oh and it was buzzing with flies.....

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 09-Aug-07 22:35:47

What are humzingers? The one in Wimbledon had those cartons of juice with animals on them, as sold in Woolies as well (for a fraction of the price). It says no artificial colourings etc. We stayed inside, they have seats outside too but as it's close to the stables and the horse route...

ChipButty Thu 09-Aug-07 22:37:51

What's wrong with Humzingers? They are perfectly natural. My DCs love them.

StarryStarryNight Thu 09-Aug-07 22:43:51

I prefer my kids to eat the lunch I buy for them, not beg for compacted long life fruitysticks. It is just not what I would feed them, and not what I would expect in a cafe that is trying to capitalize on the "natural" madness city folks seem to be bitten by.

ChipButty Thu 09-Aug-07 22:46:34

OK.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: