Talk

Advanced search

Food processor recommendations

(3 Posts)
Bundlebuns Sat 14-Sep-19 18:10:23

Can anyone recommend a food processor for reducing meal prep time? I'm wanting something that's effective at chopping onions, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes etc into small, uniform pieces. I don't need any other functions specifically. I have mild arthritis in my wrist and am finding the daily chopping increasingly difficult and time consuming. Any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
MotherForkinShirtBalls Sun 15-Sep-19 21:38:22

I have my mum's old Kenwood. It's at least 25 years old and still works perfectly. Two sized grating rings and removable centre blade. Really easy to rinse/wash as the bowl is light.

Lyingonthesofainthedark Tue 17-Sep-19 10:43:27

Seriously, it has to be the magimix. I've had mine 25 years, and I know someone who has just replaced their similar age one. I also have a kenwood mixer, but really, once you have the magimix, who would bother?

My reasons are strength of engine, and all of the different functions. I use mine to slice, grate different thicknesses, chop, purée, mix cake, make pastry and mince. I pre-prep jam and marmalade in it.

I keep it on the work surface all the time. The only thing it doesn't do is reduce hard spices like cumin to dust-but I have a cheap coffee grinder for that.

My kids grew up using it as standard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »