Talk

Advanced search

packed lunch ideas for a 1 year old

(8 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 09-Aug-07 15:46:02

that doesn't involve sandwiches, pasta or wraps?

pinkteddy Thu 09-Aug-07 15:56:23

cheese and breadstick dip? (M&S do nice one which is not full of additives), along with fruit, yoghurts etc. Could cut up some cucumber etc. Whats wrong with sandwiches btw? I used to cut them up really small for dd when she was this age.

PellMell Thu 09-Aug-07 16:12:29

avacado
sausage
quiche
raisins
slices of ham, chicken etc
fruit
pre cooked and cooled potato wedges
that kind of thing

RubySlippers Thu 09-Aug-07 16:15:13

homous and carrot sticks
cherry tomotoes
rice cakes
dried apricots
omelette (cooled and cut into squares)
bananas

AWopBopALoolaAWopBamBoo Thu 09-Aug-07 16:18:20

hi nappyaddict, google for general finger food ideas and also try the blog thing at www.babyledweaning.com as there are things like courgette fritters and chickpea burgers on there that are nice cold.

AWopBopALoolaAWopBamBoo Thu 09-Aug-07 16:18:50

oh sorry, am aitch. must change name back. but at least you're all singing now.

nappyaddict Sat 11-Aug-07 11:52:11

oooh thanks for the ideas. didn't think things like omelette and wedges would be good if they weren't hot. shall try them.

nothing wrong with sarnies but he gets bored of them.

whats good to put on rie akes? surely they are a bit bland on their own? (sorry my letter see doesn't work )

Sixofone Mon 13-Aug-07 14:00:43

I have a book downstairs called Finger Food for Babies. It's got a great recipe for mini quiches in it, dd (14mths) loves them. You can do cheese and spinach, cheese and ham, cheese and mushroom - endless varieties¬

A silicone mini tartlet and muffin mould from John Lewis is a great investment!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: