Talk

Advanced search

Good meals to give energy

(3 Posts)
purpleme12 Sun 08-Sep-19 21:33:13

Can anyone help
I am having a real problem and have been for a while with having no energy sometimes to the point of being really weak. All physical.

What kind of food/meals is good to (hopefully please!) Stop this? Any idea, recipes? Cos I really want to make an effort with this as it's really affecting me

OP’s posts: |
swissmilk Sun 08-Sep-19 23:30:45

Have you had your bloods checked (I know, I know, standard MN response....but you really shouldn't be feeling like that.)
I would add a good quality multi vitamin to your diet and Vitamin D spray.

Food wise slower release carbs like brown rice etc. Loads of Vegetables and try to cut down on sugars, white bread and junk food.
Are you drinking enough fluids?

I get instant energy from eating (I suffer from fatigue) but I have to be careful not to put weight on as that tires me too, I carry a flash off hot sugared tea around with me to give me a hit....definitely not advised by nutritionists but it works for me.

Blondie1984 Sun 08-Sep-19 23:33:39

First of all I would strongly recommend you go to your GP and ask for blood test so they can check things like your iron, B12 etc levels

Then what do you tend to eat/drink in an average day? Do you have a lot of caffeine? Do you drink plenty of water? And how is your sleep?

In terms of food/meals you want to go for a good balance of slow release carbs (brown rice, wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, quinoa, oats etc) with protein (fish, meat, eggs, cheese, beans/lentils, tofu etc) and then veg

So an example could be:
Porridge made with milk and some nuts/seeds with fruit
Peanut butter on toast
Scrambled eggs on toast

For lunch you might have
a wholemeal wrap/pitta with tuna/chicken salad and a piece of fruit / some crudites
beans on toast
hummus with pitta bread and veg sticks
oatcakes with cheese
a bean based soup with a roll

Then for dinner things like
fajitas
frittata
stir fry
pasta with some sort of sauce and protein (e.g. prawns or chicken)

Then for snacks fruit, nuts, malt loaf, yoghurt....

Please do go to your doctor though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »