Talk

Advanced search

Diet friendly recipe to use up pesto pots

(6 Posts)
swissmilk Sat 07-Sep-19 11:52:30

I went crazy and bought loads of those little pesto pots when they were on special offer, but haven't used them as I'm on a pasta ban - trying to lose weight.

Was wondering if they could be used in another way, I've thought of using them in a pan of roast veg....does anyone know of any other ways I can use them up?
Extra points for being vegetarian (I'm not, but don't like to eat meat unless I'm absolutely craving it) and/or a soup recipe as I love soup and I can make a massive batch and chuck some in the freezer.

sunshinel Sat 07-Sep-19 12:13:18

I know it's not vegetarian but I like to spread it on top of fish or chicken with some chilli flakes, wrap in foil and bake in the oven.

TeethingBabyHelp Sat 07-Sep-19 12:34:49

I do a halloumi and veg tray bake and stir pesto through just before serving. It's one of those recipes that I just use up whatever veg I've got knocking around really. Spuds, courgettes, onions and peppers usually and add halloumi for last 15 and then pesto right at end . Yum and easy and quick!

swissmilk Sat 07-Sep-19 12:53:15

Halloumi is out for the moment, I would happy scoff packets of the stuff, but diet friendly it ain't! smile

slobberyblob Sat 07-Sep-19 13:18:31

Make a simple Parmesan risotto with veg stock. Stir the pesto in at the end, have it with some roast peppers and tomatoes!

Cohle Sat 07-Sep-19 16:16:38

Pesto stuffed mushrooms

Courgette, pea and pesto soup (or lots of spring vegetable soups like soupe au pistou)

With spaghetti squash or courgetti

Salmon and roast veg in foil (not sure if you eat fish?). Pesto grilled shrimp are also lovely.

As a tortilla/omelette addition.

Peppers stuffed with pesto rice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »