Talk

Advanced search

Hit me with your best slow cooker recipes

(12 Posts)
mommyof1x Fri 06-Sep-19 21:11:25

I've had my slow cooker for so long now but only really used it once or twice since purchasing. I love the idea of putting it on in the morning before work and having a nice warm meal to come back to - no stress, no hassle, makes me feel somewhat organised. 'd like to start using it a lot more now, once/twice a week at least! The only struggle I have is that I can't ever seem to find any good recipes that would catch my eye! sad

OP’s posts: |
bellinisurge Fri 06-Sep-19 21:12:43

Made this for tonight's tea.
https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/slow-cooker-jamaican-jerk-chicken/

Spaghettio Fri 06-Sep-19 21:17:49

I make the filling for fajitas - but I'm so lazy so be prepared!

Frozen chicken breasts (don't worry about chopping them up)
Frozen sliced peppers
Frozen chopped onion
Tinned tomatoes
Tomato purée
Chilli flakes/chilli powder/cayenne pepper

On low all day, or high for the afternoon (depends on how organised I am!).

Simply pull the chicken apart with some tongs/fork and put in a wrap. Soooooo easy (and the kids love it)!

Spaghettio Fri 06-Sep-19 21:19:10

I also do chilli (mince, onions, tinned tomato, kidney beans, chilli flakes) with either rice or tacos.

mommyof1x Fri 06-Sep-19 21:23:16

@bellinisurge that looks amazing, will give that a try. Thank you x

mommyof1x Fri 06-Sep-19 21:24:24

@Spaghettio sounds like me blush with the chilli, do you cook it on low all day as well? Sorry to sound thick but where do you normally get tacos from? Would be nice to try them grin

Spaghettio Fri 06-Sep-19 21:29:50

I stick everything on low all day 😳

I'm sure there must be some sort of rules for slow cookers, but as long as everything appears cooked and is piping hot I'll serve it to my kids! 😂

You can get hard tacos (made from corn - like Doritos) or soft tacos (like wraps) from most supermarkets. My kids like them with sour cream and lots of grated cheese. I'd like to say they have lettuce and salsa with them..... but 🤷🏻‍♀️

popehilarious Fri 06-Sep-19 21:33:54

Beef and stout stew with carrots
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13349/beef-and-stout-stew-with-carrots

which is one of the least faffy ones I have tried. I like to brown the meat first when I make stews but it does mean a pan to wash up! And you're frying meat in the morning...

crosser62 Fri 06-Sep-19 21:38:41

Campfire stew... AMAZING. Google it.

A large unsmoked Ham (cheep from Aldi) full fat coke...falls to bits, my lot love this.

Jacket potatoes

Lentil soup

Chicken curry

Lentil curry

Carrot soup

Pasithea Fri 06-Sep-19 21:40:58

Nigel slaters. Pork rib ragu. Lush favourite here.

LoveGrowsWhere Fri 06-Sep-19 21:43:23

Big piece of belly pork with tin of tomatoes, onion, celery, big slosh red wine, tin of black-eyed beans, chilli flakes, mug of water, seasoning. Cook on high for an hour then low for rest of day.
When cooked the pork just falls apart & the fat has melted away. Serve with rice.

kateandme Sat 07-Sep-19 00:20:54

damndelicious.net/2019/05/03/slow-cooker-indian-butter-chicken/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »