Talk

Advanced search

Pasta salad with no dressing

(7 Posts)
Whattodo20192 Fri 06-Sep-19 14:49:42

How can I make a pasta salad with no sauce or dressing and stop it from sticking together when cold?

OP’s posts: |
NeccecaryOnABicycle Fri 06-Sep-19 15:20:51

We might need more information. Isn't a pasta salad without dressing just cold pasta? I would think you would want a little oil or butter if nothing else...what else were you planning to put in and why does it need no dressing?

Whattodo20192 Fri 06-Sep-19 15:27:40

Hi necessary,
Looking for alternative for school lunches for ds, he doesn't like anything sweet like tomatoes or vinegar so I can't put them in it. A little butter would actually be ok I think, planning on putting veg like peppers broccoli and grated carrot in

OP’s posts: |
Peony99 Fri 06-Sep-19 15:29:54

Butter goes claggy when it cools down.

Just do olive oil, bits of veg/ tuna/ ham/ whatever, and some black pepper.

Peony99 Fri 06-Sep-19 15:30:06

Butter goes claggy when it cools down.

Just do olive oil, bits of veg/ tuna/ ham/ whatever, and some black pepper.

cowfacemonkey Fri 06-Sep-19 15:34:56

I usually use olive oil, red wine vinegar and a mashed up garlic cloves that I have cooked in the water with the pasta. You could try that but just leave out the vinegar

Blondie1984 Sat 07-Sep-19 00:53:27

Does he like yoghurt or hummus? Both make good pasta dressings. Or just use a little oil? You could use a spray one if you wanted to be really careful about quantities

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »