Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for loading up the freezer...

(3 Posts)
MrsMar Tue 07-Aug-07 16:42:19

I'm (trying) to be very efficient and load up my freezer for the first few weeks post birth. I've thought of a few things I can make, some pasta sauces (bolognaise, pesto, cheese) chilli con carne, lasagne, something vegetabley like ratatouille, a few of soups (veg, lentil, spinach, chicken) but I'm running out of ideas. I want to spend the next couple of weeks cooking, but I'm a bit concerned most of my ideas consist of minced beef in some sort.... what else can I make to put in there?

OhNo40 Tue 07-Aug-07 16:45:47

As well as making you could buy chicken bits / chops / diced pork etc and stock up on cook in sauces.
Also buns/biscuits for if you have hordes of visitors.
Make sure you have plenty of tinned/frozen veg in too so that you can have accompaniments.
Also stock up on menus/numbers for local takeaways in case of dire emergency!

lilolilmanchester Tue 07-Aug-07 17:27:34

Beef/pork/lamb stews? What about buying in some breaded fish which you can just bung in the oven? Pizza? Other than that, agree totally with OhNo's suggestions. Even if you don't normally eat takeaways/use cook in sauces, this is one time in your life you'll be very glad not to have to spend too long in the kitchen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now