Talk

Advanced search

Easy quick meals for 13 month old - hit me...

(7 Posts)
Bronnie2018 Mon 26-Aug-19 07:47:15

What are your easy quick meals for 13 month old?

She's a good eater ...but feel like I'm running out of ideas.

I'm trying to be really healthy but adventurous with her dinners...but finding it hard. Always resort to roast chicken, sweet pot and veggies when I'm tired!!!

Help me mums!!

OP’s posts: |
cliffdiver Mon 26-Aug-19 07:57:26

I've only cooked one meal and DDs eat whatever we were eating. Is that an option?

On days when DH and I may be having a late night takeaway, DDs will usually have:

Pasta with homemade sauce and veg/meat
Pitta pizza bread

French toast with beans/hoops

Homemade chicken nuggets with sweet potato chips and veg/salad

MilkRunningOutAgain Mon 26-Aug-19 09:56:58

Eggs are quick and easy - scrambled, dippy eggs, omelettes

Picnic - hummus, cheese, veg sticks, fruit, bread or wraps or pittas

Baked potato or sweet potato with tuna / cheese / veg sticks or baked beans

Soup and a sandwich - tomato and lentil was DD’s favourite and very healthy

Savoury pancakes or muffins

Pasta and sauce

on days at home I would cook in the morning/during naps and just reheat for tea - which takes longer but is usually easy to do - Shepard’s pie, pasta bakes, stews and casseroles, curries etc

Ricekrispie22 Mon 26-Aug-19 10:51:49

Muffin or pitta pizzas www.thebestideasforkids.com/english-muffin-pizza/
Omelette
Tuna burgers served without the buns. This recipe is easily halved and the extra burger keeps for a day in the fridge. www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5863/tuna-sweetcorn-burgers
Sweetcorn fritters www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/toddler-recipe-sweetcorn-spinach-fritters Extra fritters can be frozen.
Falafel burgers www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5605/falafel-burgers
Smoky bacon noodles www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8035/smoky-bacon-pot-noodle-for-one

Bronnie2018 Tue 27-Aug-19 05:48:17

These are fantastic!

Keep them coming....

Any healthy treats? Cakes or desserts you make?

DD loves Greek yogurt and chopped blueberries....but keen to hear others dessert ideas

OP’s posts: |
Newmumma83 Tue 27-Aug-19 06:01:46

Following ....

GenericUsername101 Tue 27-Aug-19 06:24:49

Mine love 'sticky' rice - basically break all the rules of making normal fluffy rice so don't soak it or wash it, just put it straight in a pan with boiling water, cook till done and stir in a dash of soy. Making it gluggy makes it far less messy too! I just serve with stir fried veg/tofu etc.

These muffins are pretty healthy and go down well with little ones - https://mykidslickthebowl.com/baby-led-weaning-muffins-apple-banana-carrot/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »