Talk

Advanced search

Switching to quorn ... recipes please

(13 Posts)
Roughday Wed 14-Aug-19 09:38:48

So , I decided that as part of my new diet / healthy eating I’m going to switch to quorn .

We aren’t a family of vegetarians and I’m sure I’ll still have the odd bacon sandwich but thought quorn would be a good alternative to our very meat heavy dinners.

I’d like to lose some weight and eat healthier/ feed family healthier alternatives.

So has anyone got any tips or receipts for quorn that are family friendly ?
Does it taste nice ? Will we really notice any difference and will it help my weight loss?

Ricekrispie22 Wed 14-Aug-19 11:49:09

I love quorn!
Stroganoff www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/quorn-stroganoff-recipe
Cottage pie neilshealthymeals.com/vegetarian-quorn-cottage-pie/
Quorn stew with dumplings realfood.tesco.com/recipes/quorn-stew-with-herby-dumplings.html
Pasta bake neilshealthymeals.com/quorn-pasta-bolognese-bake/

ParrotsForLife Wed 14-Aug-19 11:51:22

We use quorn a lot. Mainly cos it’s £6 for four bags in Asda. Use it for all mince based meals.

PuppyMonkey Wed 14-Aug-19 11:51:32

Once you try the fake chicken nuggets, you’ll never go back.grin

Hotterthanahotthing Wed 14-Aug-19 11:57:45

The Swedish style meatballs are nice.Dd loves the southern fries.I have used the chicken pieces for anything that uses chicken,v.nice and quick for curries.
I don't use theince as the texture/mouth feel is all wrong so recipes that call for mince I use speckled/green lentils(put if you can find them).

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 14-Aug-19 14:37:28

I quite like quorn but find I have to use it with more intense flavours than I would with meat (more, garlic, herbs and spices).

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 14-Aug-19 14:39:00

If you are looking for ideas there are lots on the quorn website.

lucylouis Wed 14-Aug-19 14:50:41

There chicken nuggets are unreal! I really like there mince too!

Roughday Wed 14-Aug-19 15:58:44

Lovely thank you everyone ... I managed to find some quorn products today in Sainsburys! Nowhere else seems to have a great selection . So I got some --chicken- pieces and some mince and had Mexican tacos and fajitas. Everyone was very happy and didn’t complain . I was also pleasantly surprised.

I think I will have to do an Asda bulk order . Cannot believe how much cheaper it is that meat... I thought it would be quite expensive.

Meatballs sound fab ! Are they quorn ? I can’t seem to find those

PuppyMonkey Wed 14-Aug-19 17:09:32

They sell loads of Quorn stuff in Aldi, Tesco, Morrison's ... and everywhere in fact ... near me. Holland and Barrett also good for veggie stuff.

Prefer the Linda McCartney sausages to Quorn’s tbh.

Hotterthanahotthing Wed 14-Aug-19 23:18:45

Swedish style meat balls are quorn most of the supermarkets have them certainly Azda,Tesco and Waitrose.
I like cauldron Cumberland for non meat Sausages.

Deathraystare Thu 15-Aug-19 18:35:36

Interesting that it is so cheap in Asda. I get annoyed when it goes over £2/£1.50

FamilyOfAliens Thu 15-Aug-19 18:39:00

If you have girls, be aware than Quorn is very low in iron, so if you’re using it instead of red meat you should make sure your girls are getting iron from another source as they grow up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »