Talk

Advanced search

Quick fish recipes

(6 Posts)
actionpacked Tue 13-Aug-19 22:18:17

I’d like us to start eating more fish and less meat. I’m not a great cook and am limited at the moment as I have no oven.

Does anyone have any quick, easy recipes that they would share with me please? Also, suggestions of what you would serve it with would be great!

Blondie1984 Tue 13-Aug-19 23:18:20

This is one of my favourite www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cod-chorizo-stew - it does contain a little meat via the chorizo but you can leave that out add replace it with some smoked paprika and either more beans or prawns
It's nice with a green veg (or salad), and potatoes (new or mashed) or crusty bread

Risotto with prawns and asparagus or smoked salmon and pea

Fishcakes (smoked haddock are fab) with mashed potatoes and veg

Prawn stir fry

Fish can work quite well in a curry (coconut based) but I'm not the biggest fan

Tuna is great - either the tinned version in things like pasta but you can't beat a Nicoise salad with seared tuna!

Ricekrispie22 Wed 14-Aug-19 07:48:42

Fish curry www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4666/superquick-fish-curry
Tuna burgers www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5863/tuna-sweetcorn-burgers
Moroccan spiced tuna www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2727/moroccanspiced-tuna-
Salmon egg fried rice realfood.tesco.com/recipes/salmon-egg-fried-rice.html

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 14-Aug-19 14:52:22

I’m a big fan of fish for days when you are short of time. I often make kebabs by chopping cod into chunks and marinating in a bowl of yoghurt mixed with curry paste, mango chutney and a few nigella seeds. You can leave this for as short or long as you have, the longer the better I suppose but I often use it straight away. I then skewer up and bake in the oven but you could do then in a pan or under the grilled.

Also like sweet potato, chilli and tuna fishcakes or a proper tuna steak for nicois.
Salmon fillet in a griddle pan with lime, ginger and chilli. Good with stir fried veg.
For super quick, pasta with peas, garlic and herb philli and smoked salmon, black pepper and fresh chives to serve.

RezCowgirl Sun 18-Aug-19 18:12:08

Cook some pasta, drain then add some Philadelphia a smidge of tomato paste and a tin of salmon. Squeeze of lemon and some black pepper and some fresh basil leaves.

BrightYellowDaffodil Sun 18-Aug-19 18:17:45

One of my current favourites (not least because it's nice and summery) is mackerel and mango salsa salad.

Make the mango salsa with a mango (peeled and chopped - it helps if it's ripe but not too soft as that makes it less likely to disintegrate into pulp), half a red chilli seeded and chopped finely, a small sprig of mint chopped roughly and a couple of spring onions peeled and chopped. Put it in a bowl, drizzle over a bit of olive oil (maybe add a bit of lime zest if you've got it) and leave for the flavours to mingle.

Tear up some salad leaves and make a dressing of 3 tablespoons olive oil, a tablespoon lemon juice, a pinch each of salt, pepper and sugar mixed together (I shake it all together in a jam jar). Mix the salad and dressing.

Pan fry mackerel fillets according to the packet then serve with the salad and salsa.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »