Talk

Advanced search

Bran.. are you still my culinary queen please?

(9 Posts)
robinpud Tue 31-Jul-07 12:30:50

does that recipe of Delia's serve 6 or 4 please? I can't remember and it seems a lot of meat...

bran Tue 31-Jul-07 12:32:21

I'm in the office today so I can't look at the book, but I think it was for 6. I'm sure that it would freeze well if you find that you have far too much.

robinpud Tue 31-Jul-07 12:35:57

Well I am feeding 6 so will go with those quantities and buy cheese etc for afters in case the casserole and chocolate bread and butter pudding don't fill 'em up!

Curious question- what sort of work allows such attentiveness to mn?! Or are you at lunch?!

Thanks
Is it raining there still?

bran Tue 31-Jul-07 12:36:47

It might even have been for 6-8 not that I think about it, definitely more than 4 anyway.

BTW did you notice that even though I'm actually in the office I'm still on MN enough to respond to your post within 2 mins. I don't know what my work are paying me for TBH.

robinpud Tue 31-Jul-07 12:38:33

Fab job then!

bran Tue 31-Jul-07 12:40:01

Sorry, cross-post. I do statistical analysis for a market research company. It's such a long training period (and therefore expensive to replace me) that I have pretty much named my hours and the turn a blind eye to non-work activities so long as all my projects meet their deadlines. Jammy, aren't I. (It's not terribly well paid though, but that's because the company are tight bastards.)

robinpud Tue 31-Jul-07 12:43:29

Good on you then Bran. It's nice to hear of someone who has been able to get the hours to suit. Have a nice day.. it's bedtime here- I'm just assembling a shopping list.

bran Tue 31-Jul-07 12:49:39

Where are you? Is it NZ/Oz?

The weather is much better here now and I don't work on Wednesdays so I'll be taking ds to the park tomorrow with a friend. I think we'll probably take a picnic with us.

I hope you enjoy your meal. I must try that recipe myself as I quite like Guinness (like the good Irish girl that I am).

robinpud Tue 31-Jul-07 13:06:31

I'm in Oz, so it's really peculiar being cold and cooking hearty winter fare when my body is shouting that it's SUMMER and we should be on HOLIDAY. Anyway I am good at hearty winter fare and not so good on the barbeques so am doing my entertaining whilst it's winter still!
Hope the weather holds for the trip to the park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now