Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Switching from formula to cow's milk..

(6 Posts)
caspercat Tue 31-Jul-07 08:57:03

Any tips how to do this? DD just 12mths. Has been having cow's milk on cereal etc for a while now, but been trying to switch to cow's milk for morning & evening bottles as advised. She's having none of it though, as soon as she realises it's not formula she refuses it. Don't want her to go to bed with no milk, so we switch it. Any ideas? i know there's no great rush, but would be good to know how to get there. Ta xx

elesbells Tue 31-Jul-07 09:00:58

have you tried progress? a follow on milk. havnt tried it myself but its supposed to be an in-between from ff to cows milk. HTH

WaynettaSlob Tue 31-Jul-07 09:04:48

Is there a difference in temperature? just wondering if you're giving her cow's milk cold when she's used to warm / room temp forumula?
One thing you could try is replacing an ounce of made up formula with cown='s milk, and when she's happy with that, replace 2 ozs etc until she's fully on cow's.

Seona1973 Tue 31-Jul-07 09:05:45

mix the cows milk with formula e.g. 7oz formula to 1oz cows. Over the next few nights increase the cows milk by an oz until it is all cows milk. No need to buy progress milk - it is just a marketing tool so that the manufacturers can advertise their brand.

Alibobster Tue 31-Jul-07 10:39:44

Caspercat my ds, 13 months was also doing this but now takes it. I used to warm his formula slightly but he gets cows milk cold, straight from the fridge. He also now insists on taking the bottle himself. The only thing concerning me slightly is he will take 6oz in the morning but only 2oz before bedtime, However, he's not waking up thirsty or anything during the night so he must be getting all that he wants. Good luck

caspercat Tue 31-Jul-07 14:09:31

Thanks for all that. I have tried it warm & cold, no joy. I think the best thing would be to try the adding milk ounce by ounce method. Am sure we'll get there!!
Thanks again xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now