Talk

Advanced search

Dump Bags

(5 Posts)
Happyinheels Thu 18-Jul-19 10:06:51

Has anyone ever done this? I quite like the idea but most of the recipes I've found are American. Can any ingredients just be put together and frozen? Has anyone got any recipes they would mind sharing please?

OP’s posts: |
4merlyknownasSHD Thu 18-Jul-19 14:00:28

What on earth is a 'Dump Bag'? It sounds like something you would take out with you when walking the dog to collect its poo in!

Happyinheels Thu 18-Jul-19 22:59:20

Ha sorry, I should have explained. Basically they are a meal that has been prepared but not cooked and put into a freezer bag. So like full of chopped up veg and herbs, sauces, spices, meat etc. The idea is to prepare quite a few and then the night before you want to use it, defrost it then bung in the slow cooker the next day.
I've bulk cooked before and frozen once cool but I've never done it this way.

OP’s posts: |
Fluffycloudland77 Fri 19-Jul-19 17:37:01

Have you looked at the website feed your family for £20 a week? They do dump bags.

Any root veg/meat/ herb combo will freeze and cook well. Poundland sell sc liner bags.

boughtnotbrought Sat 20-Jul-19 12:12:51

Have a look at the Batch Lady on YouTube. She has loads of these types of recipes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »