Talk

Advanced search

Post your favourite dinner to cook !

(16 Posts)
Pomgirl Wed 17-Jul-19 11:34:28

Whats everyones favourite dinner they cook themselves? Also if you have the recipe tag it on ....

Mine is a chicken korma recipe I found on the tesco website and I add coconut cream as an extra.. yum.. better then takeaway but I alway go and buy samosa from sweet centre to serve with on a friday grin

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chicken-korma-curry.html

OP’s posts: |
bwydda Sun 21-Jul-19 09:47:11

For just me- a recently found (on here) paneer butter masala

https://hebbarskitchen.com/paneer-butter-masala-recipe-makhani/

It is perfection.

For the family- a Nigel slayer steamed sausage and bacon pudding, it's a faff but it's the opener of autumn and a regular celebratory dinner that the whole family adore

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/feb/22/nigel-slater-steamed-pudding-recipes

joyfullittlehippo Sun 21-Jul-19 09:48:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pomgirl Mon 22-Jul-19 12:52:46

@bwydda oh the paneer curry sounds amazing! Definetely making!

@joyfullittlehippo added to recipe book grin

LaMarschallin Mon 22-Jul-19 12:56:30

For just myself, spaghetti carbonara.

happyhillock Mon 22-Jul-19 12:57:07

Smoked salmon cooked in the oven, creamy mashed patatoes, asparagus and garden peas .

LaMarschallin Mon 22-Jul-19 12:58:12

Nigel slayer
Meant to say that that's one of my favourite autocorrects ever.

MichelleC69 Mon 22-Jul-19 12:58:50

I love a good home-made arrabiatta sauce. Garlic, chilli, tinned tomaties, tomato puree, seasoning and a dash of balsamic. Leave it to simmer and thicken for about half an hour. Serve with fusilli and some grated cheese. Super yummy and cheap.

Pomgirl Mon 22-Jul-19 14:57:35

@michellec69 mmm yum! Is that fresh chilli??

MichelleC69 Mon 22-Jul-19 14:59:06

I use frozen chopped chilli or chilli flakes for convenience, I hate chopping it up!

MargotsFlounceyBlouse Mon 22-Jul-19 15:04:14

Rump steak fried 4 minutes each side no pushing around the pan served with well mashed king Edward's no skins no butter (they don't need it), plus home made peppercorn sauce which is diced onion fried in butter plus ground peppercorns plus half a pint of Oxo bubbled down, then a big glug of cream stirred in at the finish.

Grumpbum123 Mon 22-Jul-19 15:05:13

Jacket potatoes cheese and beans, simple minimal effort and everyone says it’s their favourite comfort food

Bumbags Mon 22-Jul-19 15:07:26

Broccoli pesto pasta

AllTheWhoresOfMalta Mon 22-Jul-19 15:08:03

Peanut butter chicken and watermelon and radish salad. Both Jamie Oliver.

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/gnarly-peanut-chicken/

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/asian-style-watermelon-salad/

HeyMicky Mon 22-Jul-19 15:09:45

For myself, pasta in brodo. I used orzo and chicken stock, then add a little cream, Parmesan and black pepper at the end.

For the family (2 young DDs), Asian-style marinated chicken thighs, baked in the oven and served with rice and green peas.

PolarBearOnARaft Mon 22-Jul-19 15:11:46

Just for me spaghetti carbonara. Otherwise I like a sausage or chicken trat bake one pot no fuss cooking.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »