Talk

Advanced search

Date night recipes

(10 Posts)
ihavetogoshoppingnow Fri 12-Jul-19 09:23:59

OH and I have fallen into the trap of just getting a takeaway on a Friday night but I want to start cooking together again. DC are at their dads so just the 2 of us and I want to make something abit nicer than the usual. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Omzlas Fri 12-Jul-19 09:24:50

Thai red curry meatballs, it's a low carb recipe and it's fricking delicious!

bwydda Fri 12-Jul-19 14:19:45

Why not try to make your favourite takeaway at home?

When dh and I have a night alone I tend to make stuff the dc wouldn't eat- Vietnamese or Thai, sushi, cheeseboards etc.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 12-Jul-19 16:35:10

Truffle macaroni cheese - there are loads of recipes for this online. This one is quite easy and serves two www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/vegetarian-recipes/easy-truffle-mac-n-cheese
Venison steak www.mindfulchef.com/recipe/beef/venison-steak-sauteed-leeks-and-mash
Prosecco risotto - again, loads of different recipes for this but is my favourite blog.vorrei.co.uk/prosecco-risotto-perfect-for-valentines-day/
Crab linguine www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/fish-recipes/creamy-crab-linguine-with-lemon
Roast monkfish www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/roast_monkfish_with_70770
Jamie’s chicken with white wine thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/chicken-breast-baked-in-a-bag-with-mushrooms-butter-white-wine-and-thyme

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 12-Jul-19 19:15:13

These and ginger crab cakes are really good but don’t require ridiculous amounts of prep.

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 12-Jul-19 19:15:50

That should say chilli and ginger!

MoMandaS Fri 12-Jul-19 19:19:06

Pork with prunes and cider cream sauce - quick, easy and indulgent.

BrokenWing Fri 12-Jul-19 20:03:17

Fillet steak and garlic tiger prawn surf n turf , easy, quick and very tasty (and expensive but you don't need to pay for kids too!). Make nice side dishes to go with it.

dancemom Fri 12-Jul-19 22:20:47

@AtleastitsnotMonday that link is for a chocolate tart

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 12-Jul-19 22:48:29

Oh bloody hell! 3rd time lucky Chilli & ginger crab cakes, although I’m sure chocolate tart would be very good too!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in