Talk

Advanced search

Date night recipes

(10 Posts)
ihavetogoshoppingnow Fri 12-Jul-19 09:23:59

OH and I have fallen into the trap of just getting a takeaway on a Friday night but I want to start cooking together again. DC are at their dads so just the 2 of us and I want to make something abit nicer than the usual. Any ideas?

Omzlas Fri 12-Jul-19 09:24:50

Thai red curry meatballs, it's a low carb recipe and it's fricking delicious!

bwydda Fri 12-Jul-19 14:19:45

Why not try to make your favourite takeaway at home?

When dh and I have a night alone I tend to make stuff the dc wouldn't eat- Vietnamese or Thai, sushi, cheeseboards etc.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 12-Jul-19 16:35:10

Truffle macaroni cheese - there are loads of recipes for this online. This one is quite easy and serves two www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/vegetarian-recipes/easy-truffle-mac-n-cheese
Venison steak www.mindfulchef.com/recipe/beef/venison-steak-sauteed-leeks-and-mash
Prosecco risotto - again, loads of different recipes for this but is my favourite blog.vorrei.co.uk/prosecco-risotto-perfect-for-valentines-day/
Crab linguine www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/fish-recipes/creamy-crab-linguine-with-lemon
Roast monkfish www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/roast_monkfish_with_70770
Jamie’s chicken with white wine thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/chicken-breast-baked-in-a-bag-with-mushrooms-butter-white-wine-and-thyme

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 12-Jul-19 19:15:13

These and ginger crab cakes are really good but don’t require ridiculous amounts of prep.

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 12-Jul-19 19:15:50

That should say chilli and ginger!

MoMandaS Fri 12-Jul-19 19:19:06

Pork with prunes and cider cream sauce - quick, easy and indulgent.

BrokenWing Fri 12-Jul-19 20:03:17

Fillet steak and garlic tiger prawn surf n turf , easy, quick and very tasty (and expensive but you don't need to pay for kids too!). Make nice side dishes to go with it.

dancemom Fri 12-Jul-19 22:20:47

@AtleastitsnotMonday that link is for a chocolate tart

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 12-Jul-19 22:48:29

Oh bloody hell! 3rd time lucky Chilli & ginger crab cakes, although I’m sure chocolate tart would be very good too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »