Talk

Advanced search

the atkins diet.....

(5 Posts)
talkative Thu 26-Jul-07 21:40:26

hey, was just wondering what peoples opinions are on the atkins diet as i am thinking about giving it a go from next week (after food shopping). heard different things about it though and wanted to know of anyone who has been on it ect... (got about 4 stone to loose so quite a bit!)

weebleswobble Thu 26-Jul-07 21:43:26

I've been doing Atkins for 6 weeks. I do have fruit though otherwise I feel awful. I've lost 10lbs. If I hadn't had the fruit I would have lost more as I did last time I did the diet a few years ago, but this suits me better.

weebleswobble Thu 26-Jul-07 21:46:57

Hit the send button too soon!

I know there's a lot of bad press about it, but I make sure I take a multi-vitimin daily and really feel healthier than I ever felt eating carbs. My skin is clearer, I have more energy and generally feel very well on it.

Sixofone Mon 30-Jul-07 18:26:38

I did it a few years ago, more than once. Felt really well on it, just couldn't stick to it log term!

Crotchety Mon 30-Jul-07 18:40:38

It's good. Not unhealthy if you do it properly. But you have to do it properly and really read the book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now