Talk

Advanced search

Anyone’s taste changed after having a baby?

(6 Posts)
BlueMoon1103 Tue 25-Jun-19 20:28:33

I just wondered if anyone else had found this, when I got pregnant my tastes changed with some foods. I never used to like coriander but I do now! Has anyone else started liking food they didn’t used to or the other way round?

OP’s posts: |
villamariavintrapp Thu 27-Jun-19 23:02:11

Blue cheese, used to love it, never fancied it since first pregnancy.

FakeTanandProsecco Thu 27-Jun-19 23:06:39

Yes! I started liking blue cheese and physically craved spicy food after having my DD. It does seem to have calmed down a lot though recently and my tolerance for spice has gone down again. In pregnancy itself i craved tea and diet coke. Not fussed about either now!

Cattenberg Thu 27-Jun-19 23:16:50

I gave up alcohol for over a year due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. My baby is now a toddler and, my taste for alcohol still hasn’t really come back. I still drink occasionally but it isn’t usually much fun, and it tastes a bit unpleasant and toxic.

Paddingtonthebear Thu 27-Jun-19 23:20:22

Yes there was a period of time whenDD was a very young baby that I went off sausages. Can’t explain it, they made me feel a bit ill. Then it went back to normal. Then when she was about 1yrs old I decided to try peanut butter one day, just fancied it out of the blue despite hating it and never eating it for the previous 36 years. I eat it regularly now confused

SleepWarrior Thu 27-Jun-19 23:20:35

Lamb. Used to love it, now the smell alone makes me feel weird - sort of farmy and unappetising.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »