Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about cake domes . . .

(7 Posts)
LillithsFamiliar Fri 07-Jun-19 10:03:34

I bake quite often and would like a cake dome. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like it to be pretty as well as practical. A quick Google has left me quite uninspired. I was hoping for something more interesting that an upturned plain glass/plastic bowl iyswim Is there somewhere I should be looking? TIA

OP’s posts: |
HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Jun-19 21:49:14

I like the Sophie Conran Portmeirion one - or the Emma Bridgewater ones.

Anyone else got any recommendations?

LillithsFamiliar Sat 08-Jun-19 09:13:53

Thank you Hebe . I'd resigned myself to the fact that no-one had any opinions on cake domes grin

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 08-Jun-19 18:15:30

Unbelievable! Cake domes are important! wink Hope you find what you're looking for anyway!

LillithsFamiliar Sat 08-Jun-19 19:09:58

I actually have some of the Sara Miller Portmeirion set so I don't know why I didn't think of looking there. I ordered one today and had to stop myself ordering all the rest of the cake set We'll give thanks to MN every time we enjoy a fresh slice of cake wink

PirateWeasel Sat 08-Jun-19 19:13:30

I'm in the market for one of these too. I'm sure White Company had a lush one not long ago but I wrote it off as too expensive! So still looking!

LillithsFamiliar Sun 09-Jun-19 09:05:15

Pirate Amazon has one similar to the White Company one but it's less than half the price.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »