Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heating up a casserole...

(4 Posts)
pipo Sun 22-Jul-07 20:35:57

without it drying out? We are visiting DH's relatives for the weekend and I have to take the evening meal for Friday.I am thinking of making a casserole on the Thursday but I'm not sure how to heat it up i.e what temp.and for how long? Or would I be better to heat it up in a pan? but it is for 6 people so the pan would be very full.

WigWamBam Sun 22-Jul-07 20:39:45

Just add more water/stock/wine to it when you reheat it - either in the oven or on the hob.

I usually reheat it at the temperature I would have cooked it at - 180ish, or medium flame on the hob. 30 minutes should be OK to heat it right through in the oven, less time on the hob.

pipo Sun 22-Jul-07 20:48:51

thank you WWB. I think in the oven will be the best as I won't have to stand over a hot pan whilst trying to make a good impression.

Aitch Sun 22-Jul-07 20:50:54

it'll taste even better for having rested overnight and being reheated, imo. heat it in the oven, though, with the lid tight on and it shouldn't dry out at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now