Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

13 month old- what do you feed your baby?!

(17 Posts)
Chelseamum Thu 19-Jul-07 23:07:26

Really at lost at how much food give to dd.

Up until 2 weeks we used to

8.00- Cereals, toast, scrambled eggs and formula

11.00 milk

1.30- lunch- meat/fish plus veg plus fruit

16.00- milk

18.00- dinner- veg plus fruit

20.00- milk

Now, we do

8.00- Cereals, toast, scrambled eggs and cow's milk

11.00- fruit snack

1.30- lunch- meat/fish plus veg plus fruit

16.00- fruit snak

18.00- dinner-

I feel i am not giving her enough milk.

Can you share your views?

Many thanks!

Stargazing Thu 19-Jul-07 23:26:15

hi there - my dd will be one next month and has been on one 210ml bottle a day for a while now - just at bed time. Until she started sleeping through the night (about 6 weeks ago) she was also having a bottle at about midnight but that's now gone. She was also having a tiny breastfeed in the morning up until about 2 months ago.

The only other milk she gets now, apart from her bedtime bottle, is on her cereal, but even that is not every morning as some days she has toast and fruit. She seems to be thriving though!

Maybe add in some yoghurt with her fruit if you are worried about her milk intake?

mumtodd Thu 19-Jul-07 23:42:16

My dd is 14 months. At the moment she has

breakfast: cereal, toast, juice
mid morning: 6oz formula
lunch: fruit, toast, cheese, yoghurt or similar
mid afternoon: 6oz formula
dinner: potatoes, veg, meat or similar and fruit
bedtime: 6oz formula

She has allergies and eczema so waiting for test results to see if she can go to cows milk. Her appetite is not very good and we are probably a little too reliant on the formula at the moment but until we know for sure what she can/cannot eat we are not going to make changes.

Chelseamum Fri 20-Jul-07 11:46:25

Thank you girls!

My girl doesn't seem to like cows milk....i have tried a few times but she instantly pushes away the bottle....

what's the story with those Aptamil Growing Milk. Is it just cows milk with added vitamins - has anyone used this kind of milk>

I'd rather she has normal milk but feel a bit at lost at the mo!

Lolly68 Fri 20-Jul-07 12:26:09

My As long as she getting her milk in take through other foods - she should be ok. The Aptamil growing up milk is good but quite expensive. My DD is 18 months and now only has milk in the morning and before she goes to bed that's what I do with my DD. She now looks at that as "cuddle" time because she wants me to give her her milk!

Just try and integrate it into her routine.

LittleMan Fri 20-Jul-07 16:37:58

Hi
Ds now nearly 14 months and since he was roughly 10/11 months he has been on:
7.00ish 7/8oz Milk (used to be formula, now cows.
8-8.30 Breakfast (weetabix and a nibble on some toast.
11am Some kind of snack (not too keen on fruit so tends to be rice cakes, crackers with cheese etc)
12ish Lunch, hot meal with veg. Pudding fruit disguised with custard, or yoghurt, fromage frais etc
3.30ish Afternoon tea, scotch pancakes and jam, crumpets and butter, or small sandwiches
5-5.30ish Dinner, again cooked with veg and a pudding.
7.00pm 7/8oz warm milk before bed.

We were told when he turned 12 months by the health visitor at the drop in clinic that he still needed at least 12oz milk a day but that included what was in food. He has way more than that and drinks more now that is it cow's milk than when it was formula! He's a bit fussy with texture, and doesn't have a sweet tooth at all so i think that's why we struggle with fruit, although he did munch quite a bit off my banana the other evenig which is great progress!

Hope this helps a bit. Now that he can say no by shaking his head, and waves goodbye to food he doesn't like or want it makes life easier to know that he's had his fill!

Chelseamum Fri 20-Jul-07 18:04:47

thanks littleman and lolly!!

Much appreciated!

MrsRonWeasley Fri 20-Jul-07 23:09:52

My dd is 13 months, this is our day:

7.30/ on waking 5oz formula
9.00 Breakfast, cereal and toast with cheese spread. Sometimes, it's a big handful of Cheerios and a beaker of cow's milk.
11.00 5oz formula plus small snack
12.30 Hot lunch (usually won't eat) followed by whatever finger food I have available (will eat)
2.30 5oz formula
4.30 Dinner - hot food offered again, pudding, finger foods if won't eat
7.00 7oz formula

Still quite a lot of milk, dd is very fussy eater (refusing to be fed at the moment) so we were advised to keep up milk for the calories.

kamikayzed Fri 20-Jul-07 23:21:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kamikayzed Fri 20-Jul-07 23:22:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hotchocscot Fri 20-Jul-07 23:39:21

hiya its really hard to know isn't it? i asked HV when I took ds (coming up to 14 months) to be weighed, and she said no more than a pint in total (around 500mls, so that's around 16-18 oz i guess??) per day or otherwise it reduces their appetite for solid foods. Here's our day:

7.30/waking about 200 mls 6-7 oz cows milk
8.30 cereal with cow's milk around 100 mls, couple of pieces of dh's banana
10.30 small snack, fruit or nicks some of my toast
1pm lunch, savoury main plus yoghurt or fromage frais, sometimes fruit too if hungry
3pm snack, varies dep if we are out or not, current favourites are oatcakes, raisins, dried apricots or those Cow & Gate cereal yoghurt bars.
6pm savoury main then maybe custard with fruit, cheese or something from snack list.
7pm 150 mls cows milk

He has a drinking cup with just water that he will help himself to as needed all day.

HV said as long as they are having a varied healthy diet including some dairy and plenty of different fruit/veg then the growing up milks are a waste of money.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 20-Jul-07 23:52:42

I don't think I could write down what ds2 (14m) scoffs his way through in a day, he just never seems to be full. All of it wholesome good stuff though (see the other thread about cooking from scratch!). He has about 2 x 40z formula in day when at nursery, but small drinks of milk with meals on home days, and always a 9oz bottle at night.
If they have yoghurt and cheese they get calcium from that so don't need as much milk.
I got a free sample of that growing up milk, DS1 guzzled it but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

Chelseamum Sat 21-Jul-07 10:19:18

thank u lovely girls.... i think i am not doing it wrong after all!

It has been very helpful that you've shared your routines with me. A big thank u! xxx

lazymoo Sun 22-Jul-07 10:35:51

We are in the process of moving and I found my kids baby books yesterday and for some reason at some point I kept a food diary for a Day, (I think it was to do with Mother and Toddlers) This is what I was feeding DD at 14months.

Breakfast: Porridge with full fat milk and banana mixed in. Warm milk, Cheese on toast with marmite (pretend welsh rarebit).

Mid morning at Mother and Toddlers; Fruit Muffin, made by moi.

Lunch; (this was our main meal) Chicken stew and Dumplings (with carrots, parsnip, potatoes, celery and leeks) followed by Rice pudding with diced peaches. (She is a joy to cook for always have been, my kids eat anything) (just in case you need to know, because some people do on here, this would of been home made and dh and I would of eaten with dd at tea time, although we would of had the stew and rice pudding)

Afternoon; Carrots, Cucumner and Cherry tomatoes.

Tea; Scrambled eggs on toast and a yoghurt.

Lot of carbs. she is built like a stick and even now at 12 eats like a horse.

Marne Sun 22-Jul-07 10:41:07

Dd2 15 months has

7.00 - toast
12.00 - lunch (bread/fruit)
12.45(ish)- milk before nap
2.30 - Snack (fruit/biscuit)
5.00 - dinner (whatever we are having)
7.00- milk and bed

She also drinks alot of water and some juice

lazymoo Sun 22-Jul-07 11:31:25

I didn't put that she would of have water with her lunch time and tea time but milk with her two snacks. In fact she was 16 months, not 14 months. I remembered why we had to write what we had fed our kids, there was a mam who needed 'ideas'.

floopowder Sun 22-Jul-07 13:49:39

how do you do your Cheese on toast with marmite, cheese or marmite first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now