Talk

Advanced search

vegetarian meals that can be frozen

(6 Posts)
Mumoftwox Fri 17-May-19 19:46:14

I'm due in to get a c section next week, and really want to have some meals prepared can anyone give me any recipes (vegetarian) I eat quorn etc, that aren't to complicated to make but good for freezing. Thankyou

OP’s posts: |
titchy Fri 17-May-19 19:54:10

I'd do a load of veggie lasagne, curries with spinach and lentils, shepherds pie with carrot and lentils, chile/bolognaise sauce with soya/quorn/lentils.

Frazzledandfedup Fri 17-May-19 20:05:00

My favourite www.bbc.com/food/recipes/wildmushroompilaff_86758

I tend to not follow a recipe for the following.

Quorn mince for bolognese or chili. If you made a generic mince with tomato, onions, celery and carrot, you could serve it with frozen veg/rice/pasta.

Homemade soups really easy and freeze well. Recommend potato and leek, spiced lentil, spiced butternut squash.

Mushroom risotto.

Frazzledandfedup Fri 17-May-19 20:06:09

And good luck.

There is always jacket potato nuked in a microwave if you don't get round to batch freezing.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Fri 17-May-19 20:07:55

Good luck the baby!

Lots of pasta sauce
Aubergine and mozzarella bake
Veggie lasagne
Veggie pizzas (even the dough freezes)
Make sure you have some loaves of bread and cheese (who doesn’t love a cheese toastie?)

Ricekrispie22 Sat 18-May-19 06:04:36

Chickpea tagine www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/healthy/moroccan-veg-and-chickpea-tagine/
Lentil dhal and sweet potato one pot www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spinach-sweet-potato-lentil-dhal
Chilli bean pie www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/chilli_bean_pie.html
Enchilada pie www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/enchilada-pie
Vegetable crumbles www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1759643/wintry-vegetable-crumbles
Pasta bake www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2552640/cheese-and-spinach-penne-with-walnut-crumble
Mac and cheese realfood.tesco.com/recipes/green-mac-and-cheese.html
realfood.tesco.com/recipes/vegetarian-butternut-squash-macaroni-cheese.html

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in